Welcome New Members! (Please Say HI here!)

Hello everyone. I am a low voltage electrician (communication, phone, cctv, cable, satellite, etc...) I don't have a lot of experience with Satellite however. I leave that to Yous dish / direct tv folks. (didn't want to get yelled at for saying "guys". lol.

AJ4FW New Member

Hey Guys and Gals, I am Currently in Australia (8 years) Working for a Tandem Rotor Helicopter company with the Australian Defense Force. I am to retire in September back to Florida, and thought I would get back into the swing of electronics and such. Boy have things changed a tad since my vacuum Tube days. I have many questions, but will read awhile before asking. The knowledge is out there.

Regards
Rick

Hi!

Just bought a new HDTV and upgraded to HD D*TV. Never dreamed the dish might be so difficult. So I found this place in a search. It's another story that I'm still not going 100%, but I am going. So then I said, well, I'll hook up my surround sound... A few minutes of studying the back of my components had me scratching my head about using hdmi and getting surround sound. My components are alien to each other. WOW! So I search "hdmi and surround sound" and I get this forum again. I figure at this point I'm gonna be hanging around here a bit. So, howdy y'all!

Will

Hi! I love tech stuff and wanna spend some time on it but I work at a logistics company and have a pretty busy sched. My friend Scot is always in to this and had been using his ID to go thru these forums. Finally signed up after I got a hang of it... I guess that's another name for shareware :)

Hey guys, I'm new to this site. I just bought a Coolsat 6100 and trying to get some information regarding it's functions. I dont really see any good new regarding 6100 as looks like it's support is not working anymore.

Anyways, we'll see once I get started with this receiver. :hungry:

hey new to the site ...this is a big forum..i am totaly new at this picked up a viewsat and trying to get ome answers on trying to get it up and running .

Hey Guys and Gals, I am Currently in Australia (8 years) Working for a Tandem Rotor Helicopter company with the Australian Defense Force. I am to retire in September back to Florida, and thought I would get back into the swing of electronics and such. Boy have things changed a tad since my vacuum Tube days. I have many questions, but will read awhile before asking. The knowledge is out there.

Regards
Rick

Glad to have another ham on board.

I just registered today and would like to request some specific info regarding reception of Braves games in the Hickory, NC area. Where should I go to initiate that process?

Thanks in advance.

Ed

Can't Program HDTV Remote

Hi everybody,
I just tried to post & was informed 'too many tags'.
I couldn't figure out how to edit the posting. Maybe later.

Thanks,

jhalford

Greenhorn

Hello! I just got a job at Dish as an installer and came across this wonderful site. I have never done satellite before... I'm looking forward to it. I subcontracted for Comcast cable co. for almost 2yrs and enjoyed the work. This site has been real helpful to me already! Yall be safe out there.

Wao finally had the guts to do something positive....
I have been selling Dish, Directv , cablevison FIOS and other services to the Hispanic community for some time now but I never stop to actully lear how every works....I hope i cna hel pthose that need help marketing nad i nreturn educame on how every works in my industry....
Thanks for letting me join.
Albin