Welcome New Members! (Please Say HI here!)

VOOM STB user

Introduction;

Name is Jim. I live in Mississippi.

I am using VOOM STB's for OTA reception, and learned how to set them up from the VOOM forum here. Very helpful!

Jim

Hey y'all!

I have been looking for a place to find more information about satellite and to help me to choose the right service. This place looks awesome and I know that I'll be learning a lot in a very short time!

Hi everyone. I'm a Charter Cable Subscriber trying to find out any new infrormation on HD channels being added to our local system. Also, dreaming that one day I'll be in an apartment that will allow me to get D* or E*. Take care...

hi

I was looking for troubleshooting info for my satellite recievers where I subscribe to "unnamed service". What I have found is much more. What I still need is to be pointed to where I can find info on troubleshooting a generic, "card carrying'" sat receiver. I am sure this site has that and much much more.

I have some background in RF systems. What I never bothered to find out is what is actuallly modulated on the ku band signal I receive, I am not even sure what bird I am on.

I need a satellite TV for dummies area.

FTA, hmmmm...I thought that was a dead issue...

FYI, my ancient generic troubleshooting techniques have pointed me to one output on the two output one input LBA. (why don't you guy's just call it LNA like it is?)

OOPS...sorry, no questions here. Mods, move it to wherever you feel it should go.

Hello, my name is Musher and I will say that I have been lurking around for awhile on this list and finaly jion'ed. To Scott this web site has been a Very Good Source of Information for about Eveything Satellite to me and I feel I learn new things everyday.

I don't have HDTV yet, that's next year when I do upgrade my TV and my E* service. I do look forward each week for the uplink report for digiblur, and I have sub to the satguys podcast by goaliebob too.

The one area that I'm realy thinking about is the FTA hobby, reading ICEBERG postings are informative and helpfull. I did sign up for the free give away by Satellite AV and If I win I know and the help I'll ever need is right here, at SATELLITEGUYS.US

Musher, for southcentral wisconsin

Hello everyone,

My name is Darren and I live in Lockport NY. I work in Buffalo for a top 20 commerical bank.

I just wanted to say what a grat job Scott, Digiblur, GoalieBob and the rest of the team do with this site.

Keep up the good work!
Darren

Hello Satellite Guys

Hello everyone. I'm Eric Daxon I own Baltimore Satellite & Home Theater. If its connected to a TV, Speaker or Computer we do it. I have 2 computer techs that work for me and 3 general installers. We install home theaters, plasma tvs, computer networks, and of course we sell Directv to all of them.

Hi,
I am new to the forum and have no equipment as yet. I am waiting to see if I can get the channels I need.
I would like, TBS,TNT, USA, DISCOVERY, that type of cable stations. Are they available on FTA?
I live in the Phoenix area, and have a clear view all around.
Thanks in advance quartzsite.

Hello all!

I've been registered and lurking for a while learning quite a bit.
I bought a Voom OTA and am in the process of antenna selection.:up

Hi everyone. I'm new to satellite systems and I am trying to get a coolsat 8100 working from a stab hh90 motor driven fortec star 90cm dish with a invacom quad LNB. no luck yet but all the info i've found here has helped me understand more about what i'm doing. maybe I'm to far out in the sticks in Newfoundland Canada. lol