Welcome New Members! (Please Say HI here!)

Joined Today

Hello, just joined today after being a member of those other groups (msn,transmitternews,etc)for several years and getting frustrated and pissed. It seems that so many of those other sites were simply just forums for a few select members to spew their crap and talk crap about anyone that disagreed with them. After seeing this site, I decided to give it a try and I look forward to being a part.

I hope you let me list a few things about the other groups I hated and hope that this group doesn't do them. The biggest complaint being that it seemed that only 5 or 6 guys posted 99% of all posts. Secondly, it seemed that anyone that criticized or questioned the leaders, were banned or given smart alec answers. I hope to be a part of this group and give as well as recive information that may help us all grow.

Just checking in. I have Cband and Dish Network. Not really that please with Dish Network, but can get certain broadcasts on Cband.
Would like to get into FTA, but I do not have a KU band on my dish and haven't quite figured it out.
I am a novice at this stuff and learn as I go.

Hello. Have had D* for about 4 years, and wouldn't go anywhere else. Got HD in June -- really happy now! Like the forums -- very informative. good-bye!

hi guys, just registered. i am very green and would like to start experimenting. i have a BUD and a few smaller dishes and would like to get into FTA. i have been researching and will soon buy a receiver. i wanted to take a look around here and see what you guys have to say.

hi all, i am totally new to this FTA thing and the reason i joined is to learn everything i can as far as purchasing the right equipment (dish and recievers, how to install and how to unlock! so i hope this site is what i am looking for.

Hi, I am shocked and amazed at how lazy Ive been (also It could be I'm usually tired). I should have looked here a long time ago for others who feel the pain of the of the satellite technician! I will enjoy whining to u all!

Potientially Dumb Question

I have a Birdog sat finder and i was wondering since i deleted all the other satellites except the ones i needed, are there an actual coordinates for me to download the 103 and 99?

New to site

Hi all am new to this site so am just saying Hi and looking forward to being part of this great site. I am also new to FTA and have been having fun so far. Just set up a viewstat Xtreme is working well. Am now about to try an Ultra. Have been testing with Charlie and BEV for a few years so decided to enter the world of FTA. I enjoy researching and reading about how others do things.
Anyway Have a good one, Glad to be here..

Doug

HI Everyone!

Another new member here to say HI to everyone. I'm new here but have been on AVS for several years. Just returned to Direct from cable for their new HD service. Looks great compared to the old cable but I'm having lots of setup problems with my installation and have had them back 5 times and looking for the 6th. I would appreciate if someone could point me to where I can some questions and maybe figure out what keep failing on my system. Thanks for any help and have a great day!

My name is Jim, I reside in Oro Valley, AZ (Tucson Area) I just purchased a Dish Network System with 2-HD Boxes. I am impressed with the quality of the HD Channels. The installers were great and insured that all equipment was operating perfectly.

Jim

Hi everybody

Hi i just joined and would like to say hello to everyone,i don't have an fta receiver yet but looking around for an hd receiver,i have had a c/ku setup for lots of years so its time to upgrade to something new.thanks, dagwood

Hi guys, I just purchased a Perfect 10- 10' c-band mesh dish with a 4dtv 922 receiver , want to just basically mess around lookin for FTA channels on C and KU ,was surfing around looking for information sites and you guys here have alot of useful info for a newbie like myself.

Dish will not move

Hi, My name is METMCC and I am a new member in your club, but not new to C-band satellite. I've owned a big dish since 1980 and have always been able to solve all problems and maintain my system in a good working condition. But last month I ran into a problem with my dish mover that has me stumped. A little back ground info: I have a 12 ft. mesh Paraclips dish, a Chaparral Monterey 90 receiver. Last year I purchased a Motorola "box-car" 905 receiver so I could receive 4DTV. Ever thing worked find until last month when my dish quite moving from one satellite to another and I started getting a "Jack Error" msg. I purchased and installed a new actuator, assuming my old one needed replacing as it was well over 10 years old. I installed the actuator I/A/W with instruction that came with it and hooked the electrical up I/A/W with the instruction in my receiver manual. When I attempted to set the East and West limits, the dish still would not move and I received the same "jack error" msg. Can anyone help me with my problem? Any help would sure be appreciated.

Hey, whats going on...i was recently introduce to the world of FTA and it looks like it's going to be a future hobbie of mine. This site seems very practical and with lots of good information. Hope to become a long time friend. Cheers!