Welcome New Members! (Please Say HI here!)

Hi all, I have been a Dish network customer since May and I always come to this site for the latest news and gossip. I finally felt like participating and already I'm learning and having lots of fun.

Great forum! I look forward to being an active member for quite some time (at least until I ship off to boot camp for the Navy in March, :D)

Hello

Hi,

I have been a long time BUD guy (20 years) but fell off the wagon last year. As soon as my agreement with Dishnet reached it's time I ditched them and went back to C-band (in May) and brother am I glad. Right now I'm researching FTA receivers (kinda leaning toward Visionsat). I'm hoping to be able to find some baseball and maybe football games up there as well as Yesterday USA.

I have several side interests including OTR and genealogy but my fav pastime is working on my old jeep (I love retirement! ).

I've been reading the forum for a few weeks now and am very impressed by the level of expertise.

Hi all. I just now found this forum.
I am currently only getting local antenna TV.

I saw an option for C Band Programming on TV Guide.com.
Decided to google it and found you guys.

I cant afford Comcast Cable.
I could probably afford the $20 Dish Network Family package... but I dont like the 24 month contract.... or the fact that its an extra $5 for local channels.

I am on a very tight budget.... Social Security doesnt even cover the necessities.

I am trying to figure out what "Free to Air" is.
Are those channels available for free if I have a large dish system?

Is there a way to subscribe to individual channels. I only want a few, like Comedy Central and CSPAN and History Channel. Maybe MSNBC and Discovery Channels.

Could I afford a few channels? I dont see a price list anywhere.

I have been searching this site for about an hour... It looks interesting.

Thanks for any help.

Hi, everyone!

I'm new to the FTA world and have a somewhat unusual project in mind, so I'm looking forward to talking with the experienced folks here.

Specifically...

I live in metro Pittsburgh. We can't have a big dish here -- well, legally we can, but with a lawn the size of ours and a giant tree covering most of it, a BUD at ground level wouldn't really accomplish much. And yet, I'm interested in going after some of the faraway FTA targets like the Intelsats. Too bad, eh? Well, maybe there's still hope.

This is a big, old house and while we're not at the top of the hill, we have pretty decent elevation here. And, as luck would have it, a rather large attic. :) I've been Googling around for info for awhile now, but haven't found too much regarding indoor Ku or C band. Any resources to recommend for learning about, and setting up, an attic system?

FWIW my main interest in European TV is British and German programming, and also auto racing (F1, WRC, etc).

Thanks in advance!

I wanted to take a moment to welcome all our new members to SatelliteGuys.US! Yesterday was the busiest new member signups day ever in the history of SatelliteGuys.US with 175 new members joining us!

We want all of our members to feel at home here at SatelliteGuys, if you are a new member why not take a moment to say hello and tell us about yourself.

Welcome home to SatelliteGuys, we are happy to have you here!
Hi.

Hi all
I am new here but I will try to be helpful to anyone if I can.
I want to learn all I can about FTA before I buy the wrong equipment.

Hello to all

I've been finding good info on this forum for a while now as a visitor and realized I should join. Was painless lol. Pretty new to fta but learning as quick as possible. Love electronics as much as I love sports so fta seemed to be a natural fit. Bought my first fta receiver about 4 months ago, a cw800s. Bouncing signals off an old dtv 4 ft round dish. Looking forward to being a part of this forum. Thanks to all that make this forum possible.

Disenfranchised Dish Network

Scott -

This is my first post on this board. I come here because it's football season again and I don't want to go through another season not being able to watch the Broncos. My concern is that the ruling that now prohibits me from choosing where I receive my network broadcasts is unconstitutional, fails to serve the consumer, and is just flat out a bad ruling. I am a former C-band TV viewer that didn't buy the black chip when they were the vogue. I purchased a subscription from Netlink that let me watch the Bronco's in my home. My step daughter kept surfing the satellites for something more interesting and kept tearing the mountings of the dish off until finally I gave up. I found out I could get Dish Network and they would let me have the Denver stations. I live in a valley and had limited signal strength but never got it measured, but probably would have qualified under those standards.

Today I get my networks out of Wichita as my (local) ( what a joke). I live in Nebraska less than 200 miles from Denver - 385 miles to Wichita and yet they own the footprint that makes me one of their local viewers. I have many interests and ties to the Denver area - absolutely no ties or interest in Wichita.

What I would really like is to find a way to coordinate all the other disenfranchised Dish Network viewers who were cut off their preferred locals. I feel a counter suit against the NAB, the Florida District Court judge, and my new force fed locals needs to be served. I feel this issue should be about serving the consumer - not the small market stations. Sorry for the rant. Any ideas?

New guy here. I am interested in learning more about FTA stuff and how to get it, what there is to get, and see what I can do about getting rid of Dish Network. I look forward to rummaging around the forum and seeing how long it will take me to go from NO KNOWLEDGE to KIND OF KNOWS.

hello everyone. new member here. just got direct tv and have some questions.

live in connecticut. work for a major defense contractor.

thanks

My name is Joe live in the mountains East of San Diego Main hobby is Ham Radio and recently got interested in FTA. I’m currently using a Fortec Lifetime NA receiver with a FC-80CM dish and Fortec LNB but decided it’s time to upgrade. My neighbor gifted me with a 8.5’ solid Birdview which I plan to use on Ku. I hope to install the dish within the next or so then replace the 10Turn 10K pot with a mag wheel of some kind and a Gbox. Would like to know what other Primary Focus Dish users are using for LNBs. I also would like to upgrade to a start of the art receiver but don’t know which would be the best to buy, Sonicview, Coolsat, Viewsat, etc.? I wonder why one would be preferred over the other, microvolt sensitivity, dynamic range, easy to use menus, intuitive, good features…? I would like to probe the Ku band for a while then try C-band. Regards to all.
KhunJoe

new member from fl

hello my name is johny b i live in fl glad to be here looking how to use iptv from my laptop to my tv any help is good not a tech:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)