Welcome New Members! (Please Say HI here!)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Hi Phone needed for activation?????

I am totally new to this forum and trying to learn about installing my DTV/HD DVR. I think its a model 21. I spent two sessions about 3 hours each trying to get the system on line with DTV. I now have good signal strengths but get stuck on the screen that says to call DTV for activation.

After the first session DTV told me I needed to buy a new Slimline 5lmb dish which the commercial installer forgot to tell me. I bought a new dish and cable from the installer.

Afther the second session they told me they (DTV) could do no more on the phone and to call the installer. DTV person could not tell me what the phone line did. Is it needed to activate the HDDVR21? Info on the forums or other internet areas are confusing.

I have a restaurant and have temporarily gone back to my old Samsung controller and 3lnb dish. It has HD for some channels.

Other questions are -

Can the old Samsung use the new 5lnb dish? There are available connections.

When is R6 or R6Q cable and connectors required? When should higher frequency splitters/hardware been used? What are the limitations and/or advantages of R6 and R6Q and higher frequency hardware? Are the components color coded white for regular and blue for Q and higher frequency.

Other forum issues sound like a possible nightmare?

How does Comcast compare these days?

Dazed and frustrated by DTV and service.

Attn: svsam50

I haven't installed DTV but know a little. I install for Dish Network and I just wanted to make sure that you have your multi-switch installed and with DTV and Dish RG-6 should always be used. Also the system won't work if you have any splitters in between the multi-switch and the reciever as this will block the signal and low voltage currents thus preventing the lnb from being powered up. The only place that you can use a splitter is on the output. Also the DTV DVR, atleast to my knowledge should have two lines running to it from the mutli-switch, both going into the sat inputs. And why didn't the installer connect all of this for you if you paid (did You) for an upgrade? With dish network it is all included in the upgrade or install.

Hi Gang,

I'm brand new at FTA satellite, just purchased a system, and am just reading posting's for now. I will have many questions later when i do my install. I have learned a lot just by reading this forum.

Mobile Dish Needs

Hello all--I'm a Dish HD user in my house. I'm here in search of a solution for my RV which is also a two tv HD site. I will not burden you all with my tales of woe--suffice it to say that I now feel like Diogenes, in search of an honest man. This is totally due to the number of false start missteps I've received from well-meaning satellite 'experts' rergarding making my coach HD ready.

Please point me to the proper forum/discussion that I might become an educated man and actually be able to use my two flat hd units.

Looking forward to putting all this behind me.

just want to say i was helping a friend hook up some new sat box that out of the blue a friend of a friend told him to buy (coolsat8100hd) he knew as much as i did about fta nothing ....but now im very interested ,,he always has to have the best but unfortunately for a couple of newbies wasnt the best he called me over because i have degrees in computer networking sys that was my only leg up until i found this site just wanted to say thanks. i think i found a new hobby beside motorsports

new guy

Hello all! Just wanted to drop a few lines and introduce myself. I work for a dnsc contractor in the nashville,tn area. Hopefully this site will help out on some technical issues I run into from time to time, as well as whatever else comes up. I've been in the bussiness for over 7yrs now and just found about this site two days ago. Well, cya around!

susanarosanadana

Hi Yall!
Susanarosanadana here and as my great ole gran pappy use to say, susanana I think your way out of your league on this one! At any rate I do love my Dish and am hoping to get some layman style answers on a question or two!
See ya:D