Welcome New Members! (Please Say HI here!)

I did not know I had to post here to introduce myself. My bad for posting elsewhere with my info. As I said before my name is Ben aka Roxor and live in Delaware County, which is NE of Indianapolis. I have been lurking since April of last year. Roxor was a character in the 1932 movie, Chandu the Magician, starring Bela Lugosi, who is my idol. I love old horror movies as well as old westerns. I am currently an ATT customer, but my contract is up in 3 days and I want to go to Dish only as I will need a new dish to get the Indianapolis HD local channels, or so I am told. Also, ATT will not allow a vacation price for some reason, while Dish will when I am a customer. Doesn't make any sense to me. I hope to post from time-to-time, but like a lot of sites I lurk on/belong to there seems to be a few know-it-alls, who ruin the experience for someone who asks a honest question/makes a comment and is then flamed with "do a search", "it's been posted before"or "RTFM" and such. However, the mods here do a good job for the most part. Just my 2 cents.

I did not know I had to post here to introduce myself. My bad for posting elsewhere with my info. As I said before my name is Ben aka Roxor and live in Delaware County, which is NE of Indianapolis. I have been lurking since April of last year. Roxor was a character in the 1932 movie, Chandu the Magician, starring Bela Lugosi, who is my idol. I love old horror movies as well as old westerns. I am currently an ATT customer, but my contract is up in 3 days and I want to go to Dish only as I will need a new dish to get the Indianapolis HD local channels, or so I am told. Also, ATT will not allow a vacation price for some reason, while Dish will when I am a customer. Doesn't make any sense to me. I hope to post from time-to-time, but like a lot of sites I lurk on/belong to there seems to be a few know-it-alls, who ruin the experience for someone who asks a honest question/makes a comment and is then flamed with "do a search", "it's been posted before"or "RTFM" and such. However, the mods here do a good job for the most part. Just my 2 cents.

Sounds like some of those "experts" at AVS. I'm with you, if they don't want to help, why post any response. We're here to help. With a sense of humor , to boot. If you like sports, take a peak over in our sports thread.

Paul

Hi

Hi,

I just joined and am looking forward to learning a lot. I'll try to keep the stupid questions to a minimum by doing my own homework and research before asking for help.

Thanks!

hello i am new here and i hope to educate myself with all of the knowledge on this site. I have been a suscriber of dish network for 10 yrs and i currently am in the slingguide beta program. I hope to learn some tricks and tips from all.

Hi,

I just joined and am looking forward to learning a lot. I'll try to keep the stupid questions to a minimum by doing my own homework and research before asking for help.

Thanks!

Don't worry about stupid questions. You may get an occasional stupid answer, but we try not to ridicule people here who are looking for help. Except over in the sports forum, where ridicule and humor are par for the course. We have a lot of fun over there.

Don't worry about stupid questions. You may get an occasional stupid answer, but we try not to ridicule people here who are looking for help. Except over in the sports forum, where ridicule and humor are par for the course. We have a lot of fun over there.
Speak for yourself paul! Some of us LOVE to ridicule people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kidding of course, and welcome to all of the new members:up

Edit: I forgot to add, I never give a stupid answer, in fact I was recently voted most valuable member in a poll taken by sat guys members, but that thread is sadly gone:)

Speak for yourself paul! Some of us LOVE to ridicule people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit: I forgot to add, I never give a stupid answer, in fact I was recently voted most valuable member in a poll taken by sat guys members, but that thread is sadly gone:)
:D:D

Hi, I'm Al from Washington (the State). I have been a Dish subscriber since '96. Since then, we've been through 3 dishes, 5 remotes and 2 receivers, but all in all, I'm pretty happy. When our original receiver became obsolete, Dish shipped us a DVR (501) which changed our lives (maybe not for the better). I periodically think about upgrading to HD, but I'm currently too cheap to do it. I've been visiting this forum, trying to figure out a few things:

1. Some people pay a monthly DVR fee, but I don't. It seems like if I tried to upgrade from my trusty 501 I would have to pay $3-$4 more per month? Why?
2. I thought I subscribed to America's Top 100 (that's what my bill sez), but when I reviewed my programming choices online, I only see Bronze, Silver, Gold etc. packages. Have they just re-named them?
3. The main reason I came here is to find out what the &%#!* is going on with the Fischer Broadcasting vs. Dish dispute that prevents me from getting my local ABC station (KOMO). It's been 3 months now! I've read all the details in various threads here, but the bottom line is, I don't really care who is right or wrong, I'm getting really tired of listening to family members whine about not getting their favorite shows (You'd think that our lives would not be less complete if we missed 'Ugly Betty', but apparently not). Meanwhile, I get ever-more-enticing offers from DTV. Please talk me off the ledge before I jump!

Greetings, All!

Hi!

I'm a motion picture and digital A/V field-tech, AND I'm a multi-year Dish Network subscriber who just discovered this site. Woo hoo! ~ my kinda folks!

I'll dropping in every now and then to ask and answer queries.

Cheers!

Chris ~

I was voted "most confused".:D I think. Maybe not.

Hi ya'll. I've been grazing here for the last year or so and finally rejoined the ranks of Dish Network last month. Been a member on AVS for the last year and a half and corresponded with Digiblur some.

Main reason I joined was to be able to post. Saw the new locals on Dish network you posted and just wanted to report that KTXS is now turned on to subscribers in Abilene, TX. Got friends there and they verified operation today.

Hi, Just got dish-network installed in the house a few days ago . The system is new to me and I am learning how to use it ! I am sure I will need advice . Thank you for having this forum . I do have a fifth wheel trailer and would like to install a dish network in that also . Can I take a receiver out of the house when I travel and set it up in the trailer and when I get back home put it back in the house ? Thank you ......

Hi, I'm new here.
Been installing/servicing for DirecTV since 2004. I'm independent now.

Looking to talk with employees with wage & hour violations. Have you been told that you have to work over 40 hours, but don't get paid for it?

(What forum is best to discuss this? Didn't see a topic header to fit it. Maybe need a new forum for it, since this predatory practice seems rampant in this industry!)

Making you work overtime without time-and-a-half pay is illegal, and there are class action lawsuits out there against the big installation companies like DIRECTech.

Write back for info on how to sign onto the lawsuit. By the way, it is ILLEGAL for them to fire you for asking for overtime wages, or for signing onto the lawsuits. They can face stiff penalties, including restitution of your wages and overtime hours!

You need to keep any and all info about
- what your supervisors said,
- what they did, and
- records of your hours
- include dates, times, quotes, full names, titles and badge numbers

Keep copies of the install/service records, especially if they have "in/out" times listed. This can help prove your case!

Tell others about this thread, and fight the corporate abusers who keep vacuuming your pay for themselves.

new to sat guys

hello all just thought i would introduce my self, i am 4 year directv tech for MASTEC and i love it. i have visited this site a few times just thought i would sign up and really see what it was all about . i am here to learn and mabey help out any way i can.