Welcome New Members! (Please Say HI here!)

Hey everyone! Been around, checking things out. Not exactly new to the scene but new to the forums. I have a DirecTV HR22-100, R15-300 and two H21 receivers. Thought I'd give the latest CE a go and help out. I've been with DirecTV since the late 90's - can't wait for TiVo to make a return. I just saw the Cars thread. Might have to check that out!

Hello

Just found this forum. I've been using using DirecTV and DirectPC starting when they were part of Hughes. I used DirectPC so long that I got a PC receiver card upgrade. Finally I dropped DirectPC when I got DSL.

I hate cable companies.

I don't remember how long I've been using DirecTV.

I got the following DirecTV equipment:

* RCA DRD403RA
* Sony SAT B1
* 2 DirecTV D10-200
# 2 DirecTV D10-200
# Philips DSR6000-R01

* inactive
# active

We currently have (UGH!) Time Warner cable for local channels. It is rumored from a very good source that we will get the local channels on DirecTV by Fall. When this occurs we will drop TWC and look for another DirecTV receiver/DVR to replace the two channel TIVO we have on the cable. We're also planning to try OTA Digital TV when I get around to erecting my deep fringe antenna.

ME:

I've been programming computers since the late 1960's. I "retired" from that in the mid 2000's. I've currently working as a maintenance electrician :shocked for the county school system as a hobby until my various pensions and Social Security kick in about 3 years from now.

/s/ Jim WIlliams

Hi Everyone

I'm a total newb setting up my first mini-bud for c-band and had to find some info and was lead here. Great sight - Great info got the first sat dialed in and was only off by two sats. well I said I was a Newb

Can anyone tell me if I have any hope in getting reception from a UHF/VHF in NJ?

Hi,
I'm looking at hooking up an antenna to my HDTV. I looked up my portfolio on TVFool, and it doesn't look good. Most channels fall in the grey category.
I was looking at the DB8 and wondering if that would pick up the signals I need?

Any suggestions?

Doug

i want to become DTV dealer

Hi guys, its a great forum first of all, my question is: i am DTV technician currently over 2 years of experience and want to become DTV dealer.
Is there like a link or some info u can provide me about that, i would really really appreciate.
Thank you in advance

Hi
My name is Michael Preston, a native Texan but now live in Mainz Germany, 72 years old, retired Navy and retired Delta Airline Capt. Married a German Chef (20 years ago) with her own restaurant to water and feed me in retirement. I finally got a wish to own my own bar. After retirement moved permanently to Mainz. Joined Satellite guys and Pub a couple months ago but it took me awhile to find, I hope, this forum to introduce myself.
You have so many forums I am still looking for the one that, I hope, can help me. Does anyone know about the Hotbird satellite for receiving AFN in Germany?
Thanks for any help.
Mike
PS If in passing through Germany stop and I will buy you guys a beer. You can also find me at - dal15mike@yahoo.com

Hello from South Dakota. My name is Nick. I've been a lurker on the site for a while now and decided to join up. This site is full of good information and am looking forward to getting to know you folks. My father and I operate a small family electronics franchise and we enjoy selling both Dish and Directv. I have been installing Home Theatre/Pro Audio/Whole House stereo equipment for the last 10 years and started installing Dish/Directv in the past 3. I enjoy being able to work outdoors most. South Dakota is beautiful country.

Hello all,
Been a member of 4DTV Satellite Forum for years, but have only browsed here until now. C-bander since 1991, Ku too. Also own a dead Pansat 2500 (Knight Rider lights), which I'd like to replace someday with something like an AZ box. Still behind the times, though, with SD and not HD.

Looking forward to sharing and getting more knowledge.

Thanks for the welcome ke4est. I am excited to be joining the FTA club! I have my dish and parts just waiting to have it installed. Was up until recently an employed electronics technician.

Hi
Guess i never have said a proper hello to this forum.
I've been reading for a few years (on and off) and have to compliment all on the great info, you may not hear from me much, I'm more of a reader but will contribute at some time in the future! Thanks