Welcome New Members! (Please Say HI here!)

Introduction

Hi,

This is my first posting as a new member. Just wanted to say hello and I'm glad to be here. I hope to find all the answers to my multitude of questions since I'm new to this industry. The 1943MB is the WWII jeep I recently restored.

Lou

Newbie To FTA

Hi everyone! I am new to FTA but have had satellite TV for Approx. 10 years. I'm waiting for my Conaxsat Duo to arrive with bated breath. Hope to be able to participate in future conversations with some knowledge.

Hello

I have been using sat-tv for over 10 years with DTV, just switched to DirecTV. I want to change configuration of what I have and would like help from folks on this forum. I live in Northern VA.

Hi all, I'm really not a very chatty person, I am not really a satellite enthusiast either in fact I rarley watch TV, everyone else does though,so onto posting my question.....

Hello guys! I'm sheila Reyes but most of my friends call me "Shy"..I'm interested in electronics especially to satellite equipments..can you give me some information about the best selling satellite receiver?I'm glad to be one ofyour groups..Thanks.

Hi Sat2lite!I'm sheila,i had read your message and found out that maybe you can give me some info about satellite receiver?Do you know the best selling one?Thanks

Hi! I'm Sheila...I'm just new here,hope you can give me some inrmation about the most user friendly receiver..I got one but I had a hard time to know all the features.....Thanks :)

hi, i am a new member as of today! 21 years servicing and installing a vast amount of sat systems. i'm hoping to learn something new.

Hi! I'm sheila....i had read that you are really familiar with the satellite systems....can you help me or just give me idea abou satellites receiver?thanks..

Greetings to Scott and to all those who may pass this way also. I too, enjoy the same type of hobbying as you spoke of. Although, I am new to
this and have tons of questions so I hope not to 'wear thin' my welcome
with lame questions :) Anyone who could point me to where i may find answers to why my INVACOM quad .3db lnb does nto pick up on a 90cm rotor dish at 36 lat 87lon, it will only get 91west and 82west nothing in between which i am looking for the fta sats that are listed in that area but it dont pick them up and the 91&82 nimqiq are not of interest other than I
can get a siganl on my meter from them but can not seem to get the FTAs that i am looking for. My son has been setting this up for me and he is got exprence in the angles and stuff so if there may some there too let me know and i will pass it on to him. I just thought the new lnb would pick up everything as it is pluged into a desque sw then goes into the rotor. i subcribe to dishnet HD so i have all the regular stuff family the watches on a lot smaller dish so i dont think the 90cm dish is too small, must be something else. thanks for all of everyones help

Last edited:
Hello everybody.
Although I joined a few weeks ago, this is my first introductory post. I live in Ecuador where FTA seems to be hard to get.
I know nothing concerning satellite or FTA so I am going through a lot of problerms.
I was refered to you by Gosatellite where I bought the receiver, by the way it´s a sonicview sv-1000. I have a dish500 dual LNBF. Checking at Lyngsat, it seems that I can lock 2 or 3 satellites from my location which is lat 0 long 78 west (-78). Is that correct?
please send all the help you can give me, as I said before, I know nothing about it.

HI, guys just checking in to see all the info

Have a primestar that I am trying to setup with the H2H Microyal system.

Have a couple of the primestars and a couple of C-Bands and have been playing around with the FTA for last year. Instead of having 4 or 5 dishes, I thought I would motorize one and see what kind of results I can get.

later, bob: hatsoff:

Hello To All!

:) I Have Pretty Much Been To All The Fta Sites And This Is By Far The Best!! Even Though I Am Still Trying To Get My Dish Locked On To Something, The Encouragement I Have Recieved So Has Been Outstanding!!!! Thanks Again