Welcome Pack

Still Available

I called a few minutes ago to disconnect, because I lost my job in mid-October, and I'm having to start trimming things, as the job hunt continues.
I was at $45.99 per month for the AT120+DVR, and when I told them I wanted to disconnect, I was put on the line with a person in customer retention, or something like that.
Anywho, she offered me the Welcome Pack at $9.90, or thw Welcome Pack + Locals for $14.99. I ended up just doing the Welcome Pack+DVR (since i already had the DVR) for $15.99+Tax.

This will suffice for me, as I don't normally watch a lot of TV anyway, and I need to save some money.
Until they offered me this, my plan was to drop it completely, and install a large aerial antenna/rotator/pre-amp, as I'm about 50 miles from most local OTA transmitters. Of course, that would have cost me some money, so this is fine.

This package seems like a very good value, and includes a little bit of everything. History, TBS & TLC are the big pluses for me, but the others help too.

My sister tried to get the Welcome Pack last year but was told it wasn't available. So when I told her tonight that it was back, she was ecstatic! How soon can she call and request the Welcome Pack?
Don't request it. Have her tell them she can only afford around 20$ a month then they will offer it to her

Can anyone confirm that they are getting the 30th anniv free premium (Starz) with the welcome pack?

I'm not seeing the slates, so it would seem we are left out of the freebies. I know we are not big time customers, but it would have been nice if they added HD access or something like that. Still, best deal in TV around.

I am getting starz free on welcome pack for 30th deal.

I had to ask for it in a chat with csr.

What is "30th deal"?
I got starz free not sure if it is for 3months or 12months and two free PPV certs.

Not bad for a plan that only costs $10.24 with tax (I sent a letter to dish saying that i refuse to pay for locals that are free)

I am not sure if you can still get the welcome pack without locals.

I have welcome pack (no locals) and various internationals, starz and encore were not showing up yet so I just went on chat and 2 minutes later they had to add them manually to welcome pack.

Now on my programming tab I have:

Starz - Free 12 Mo

$0.00

Encore - Free 12 Mo
$0.00

Receiving only one encore ch 340 (341-347 are not authorized ), Starz I am seeing 350 - 356. Are you supposed to get all the encores with this promo? I am also not getting any of those gift announcemnt channels 339, 349, they are hidden in EPG for me, I am on 61.5, 110,118,119,129.

Last edited:
Did not work for me:

Please wait while we find a representative to assist you...Welcome to DISH Network Chat.MirJalal (ID: 78R): Hello JH
MirJalal (ID: 78R): Thank you for choosing DISH Network, how can I help you today?

JH: Does my Dish Welcome Pack qualify for the FREE ONE YEAR STARZ ?

MirJalal (ID: 78R): I'd be happy to assist you with your request.

MirJalal (ID: 78R): Please give me a moment to access your account.

MirJalal (ID: 78R): I'm sorry JH, I have checked this information for you. The basic requirement for having Starz free for 1 year is America's top 120.

JH: Thankyou for looking up the information.

MirJalal (ID: 78R): You are welcome JH.

Your session has ended. You may now close this window.

Try tech chat and don't be so forward, don't mention welcome pack, just say I heard dish was celebrating their 30 year aniversary and they were giving customers starz and encore free for a year. Took 2 minutes, my agent had an american name, but I think perhaps my account is always dealt with by higher ups when I do chat. Don't know if that is true though, I am pay in advance / flex tv .

yep the deal works with the welcome pack,just tried it with the online chat a little while ago and now its up and running and verified on the dish account for 1 year free. thanks sat guys !

I have the welcome package plus Showtime and got the Starz promo added via chat. It took me 3 tries to get the Starz promo added which had nothing to do with not qualifying for it, it had to do with the reps not knowing what they were doing. The first rep I chatted with said he added it but I never got it, the second rep I couldn't understand at all, It was so funny that I am re-posting the conversation here. On my 3rd try I got hold of a tech support rep who was the most helpful and added the promo.

Syed (ID: F0W): Hello Rebecca.
Syed (ID: F0W): Thank you for choosing DISH Network. My name is Syed, how can I help you today?
Rebecca: I chatted with another rep awhile ago who said he was giving me the 1 yr free Starz promo but it is still not on
Syed (ID: F0W): I'd be happy to assist you with your request.
Syed (ID: F0W): Please give me just 1-2 minutes while I check on that for you.
Syed (ID: F0W): I appreciate your patience.
Syed (ID: F0W): I check that the promotion is yet available on your account. Please check back after couple of hours.
Rebecca: I'm not sure what you mean, is it on my account or not?
Syed (ID: F0W): No, its not updated till now.
Rebecca: you are saying it takes 2 hrs to update?
Syed (ID: F0W): No, its not like that.
Syed (ID: F0W): If we updated on your account it will updated there and that only.
Syed (ID: F0W): But unfortunately its not available on your account, Please check out after some couple of hours if its available any one can update it for you.
Rebecca: I will try later
Syed (ID: F0W): Okay, Do you have any more questions for me?
Rebecca: no

I currently have the welcome pack with locals, and prior to a month ago I had Dish America silver. I got an email from Dish yesterday saying the free 12 month Starz promo had been added to my account, but the channels are not active in my guide. Maybe I'll play Chat Roulette, too!

I too have the Welcome Pack and no Stars. I am going to try a PM to the Dish network people to see if I can get it added.

Gary Dunn

I posted in the Absolute thread my changes but thought this applies here;

I now have the Welcome package without locals-$9.99; the Starz Package-free for 1 year, then I'll add it for $13.00; Encore package-$5.00; and the Cinamax package-free for one month, then it will go away. I pay $14.99/month+taxes for the next year, then barring any increases, it will go to $27.99/month.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)