Welcome to SatelliteGuys Map Master Maps Forum!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I have loaded 2 920 myself with no problems after the mishap. Have one online now with a sub and the guide works. You only need a basic windows XP computer to load the 4DTV receivers. Like the extra channels and satellites as I am using it with a DVB receiver too.

No, a friend gave me another reciever.

Jim,
Since you did not change the battery out I recommend you save up to have that done first.
Don't put the cart before the horse in this situation as you could end up with a doorstop due to battery failure.
In all honesty, the batteries on these receivers are at or very near their end of life expectancy so replacing them is important if you want to keep them going.
Wait too long then as soon as you unplug it one day you lose your unit id number.
I had it happen to me on one receiver here. Not fun!

Consider saving up your pennies and send it to ATS Electronics who can replace that battery and install the new maps for you all at the same time for a reasonable fee.

I had a hard lesson to learn about sending receiver off for remapping. It took 3 months and when receiver returned I had to set the limits and satellite position #. Something unexplained happened and the receiver bricked. called Glentech and was told to send receiver back the and said that would not happen because of a return $80 shipping cost.[I live in Calif.] I lost on the initial repair $200 and have nothing to show for it. Purchased a JTAG and following the instructions able to map receiver my self in a few minutes. Tried to get maps from Glentech and was told that he used special software and was unavailable for my use even though I had purchased the deluxe set.
My suggestion is do it yourself because of the problems I have had. WHAT A NITE MARE !

A hard lesson learned.
At least with what happened your receiver is no longer compromised with the maps he put in for you.
(We have received several bins from people who he replaced the maps for and charged them outrageous fees and each one was compromised with info from other peoples receivers info in them).
A master reset cleaned that up for you and the new maps installed all were done directly from your receivers info.
You could also have used ATS electronics.... $89.00 new battery maps included or for just a couple dollars extra
Shipping and time you would have spent well under what you did.

I see that Mr Musielak is once again posting to himself on his forums spreading bs about sat guys and the map masters program..... Guess some people have a difficult time dealing with honesty and integrity which he has neither of.
So funny that he has to talk to himself over there by creating fictitious names all the time!

That is funny cause it's so obvious by the way he is talking who it Is. Jody lol give me a break. Sad sad man and I used to believe in him lol

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)