Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
I have been active in politics in my town for the past two years or so. So I was looking at the agenda / packet for our upcoming Planning and zoning meeting and noticed that for zoning violations my house is listed for my satellite dishes.

Screen Shot 2017-11-05 at 8.52.44 PM.png

My dishes have been out there for almost 12 years now.

There is a 1.2 meter KU and a 8 foot C Band.

The good news is the person who filed the complaint is a political foe of mine and the head of the planning and zoning knows this and is having my issue removed from the complaint list as he sees it as a political attack. :)

If that's a zoning issue, what about ARRL? I've seen those ham towers! Height? Setback? Too close to property lines? Isn't it on MAIN ST? How could there be such an unsightly property in the middle of town?

There are no zoning laws on Satellite Dishes in this town. Also not in a HOA area. :)
So there doesn't need to be an apparent violation for the complaint to be accepted?

In many jurisdictions there is a requirement that the applicable codes must be cited in the complaint.

Nope here you can file a complaint about anything... and they have to investigate no matter what.

If that's a zoning issue, what about ARRL? I've seen those ham towers! Height? Setback? Too close to property lines? Isn't it on MAIN ST? How could there be such an unsightly property in the middle of town?

And yet no one makes a big deal about HV power line towers or telephone poles running through town.

Nope here you can file a complaint about anything... and they have to investigate no matter what.
What a waste. :no

I see that the investigation found that your setup is "non-conforming". There is apparently code on the books that prohibits dish farms (and possibly more) and I would assume that it took more than just your political foe to make that happen.

That you're grandfathered as pre-existing doesn't change the code; only that it doesn't apply to you because codes can't be retroactive.

And yet no one makes a big deal about HV power line towers or telephone poles running through town.
They don't make a big deal because the alternative is to pay to acquire new right-of-ways and relocate those utilities.

The bigger stink these days is regarding the location of wireless towers. The jurisdiction can protest until they're blue in the face but in the end, the carrier will get what they need.

Heh, that's another reason I LOVE where we live!! We're out in the county and I'm pretty much in the MIDDLE of a 10 acre wooded lot. I can barely see the roof of my nearest neighbors house in winter when the leaves are off the trees. I can stand on my front porch and take a leak in my yard and there's no one around to point and giggle!! :imshocked Gotta love it!!:clapping Needless to say, NO ONE has ever b**ched about my 3 10ft satellite dishes to date!:oldwink

Got 300 MB service but they cut our data cap from 2 TB a month down to 1 TB a month. And we always going over that cap by just around 2 or 3 gig each
Month.

Heh, that's another reason I LOVE where we live!! We're out in the county and I'm pretty much in the MIDDLE of a 10 acre wooded lot. I can barely see the roof of my nearest neighbors house in winter when the leaves are off the trees. I can stand on my front porch and take a leak in my yard and there's no one around to point and giggle!! :imshocked Gotta love it!!:clapping Needless to say, NO ONE has ever b**ched about my 3 10ft satellite dishes to date!:oldwink

I live on 78 acres in the country. Sounds a lot like where you live. I don’t live right in the middle, but I can go out and take a piss off the porch if I want and nobody can see. I have lived here my whole life, and couldn’t imagine living anywhere else. That’s why I’d rather drive 72 miles to work. But thankfully I just have to do that two days per week and can work from home the rest of the week. It’s defiantly nice not to have to worry about the neighbors not liking something.

Got 300 MB service but they cut our data cap from 2 TB a month down to 1 TB a month. And we always going over that cap by just around 2 or 3 gig each
Month.
Scott i had once a issue just like you with one of my old customers, he had to hire a lawyer to keep his dish he won, next year he died of a heart attack maybe caused by the stress

Reactions: madmadworld
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)