Status
Please reply by conversation.

DiscoLoveGrapes

Zero Transponder Founded
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jul 14, 2005
Twin Cities, MN
Well, I just got my power back on after bad storms in the Twin Cities on Wednesday night. Trees are down all over the neighborhood, some on houses, most on power lines. That last word I heard was that we officially had a tornado go over us.

...and the Fortec dish stayed up!

After power came on, I turned on dish and thankfully had a signal. Unfortunately, it looks like something got bumped during the storm. I can still find all of the satellites with my motor, but a lot doesn't come in as good as it did before. The strong stuff is fine (most of Ia5, CCTV, a few feeds) but a lot of G10r is fuzzy. Hopefully a little bit of tweaking will get me back to normal -- we'll see.

Since a lot of other Minnesotans hang out here, did you guys fare better?

Wow thats tough!

We lost power for around 4 hours in the southern metro, longest four hours without TV in a LONG time. (I had to use my scanner to listen to TV)

I was up in Shoreview MN. today doing an install and I could not believe the damage I seen. Trees down everywhere, and the streets were littered with twigs and leaves!

Glad to hear you have your power back at last.

No damage this end, both the KU and C-band systems held up to the wind, the mesh C-Band dish did not even move a mm.

I came home from work that night and thankfully the dish was still in place. I thought "good it didn't seem to have moved" until I got in a turned the TV on to find a no signal message on the screen.
The next day I went up and using only the satfinder tried to reposition. The signal came back but nothing beats looking onto the TV screen when doing that. So, right now I have the signal back but it's still weaker than it used to be. I am not sure if that's because of the rain and cloudy skies we've had this weekend or more fine tuning is needed. I'll have to wait for it to clear up before trying to tweak it again.

We lost power for around 4 hours in the southern metro, longest four hours without TV in a LONG time. (I had to use my scanner to listen to TV)

LOL....I'm in the basement watching the wind swing the doors open and later see trees all over the street and on our power lines. All I could think of is the dish I finally managed to get just right.

I was up in Shoreview MN. today doing an install and I could not believe the damage I seen. Trees down everywhere, and the streets were littered with twigs and leaves!

Oddly enough, I was in Shoreview Thursday morning after the storm and I thought to myself "Wow, these guys didn't get it nearly as bad as we did!"

The next day I went up and using only the satfinder tried to reposition. The signal came back but nothing beats looking onto the TV screen when doing that. So, right now I have the signal back but it's still weaker than it used to be. I am not sure if that's because of the rain and cloudy skies we've had this weekend or more fine tuning is needed. I'll have to wait for it to clear up before trying to tweak it again.

I was thinking the same thing. I guess rain for (what seems) 4 days straight probably does that to us with 31" dishes. I hear we should have sunny skies Monday and most of Tuesday, so hopefully the signal should clear up by then.

nothing in the SW Metro

didnt lose power...hell, we didnt have any rain until overnight (everything passed north of 394)

You might have to nudge the dish. That usually happens to me when we get really stronog winds. One nudge west and it seems to come back just fine :)

G10 has been low the last couple days. With Little Rock getting rain (thats where Equity is) and with our "lovely" weekend weather, the main TP (11799) was at 30 most of the weekend...Tube TP was zero :(

Last ngiht it did come up to 60 (11799) to see the retro videos show :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.