Well TitanTV just ticked me off!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Dee_Ann

Angry consumer!
Original poster
May 23, 2009
Texas
As of today they now have these very large and obnoxious ads for "Yidio" when you click to view the details of a show. :mad:

Adblocker doesn't block them and the webpage is encrypted so you can't figure out what is doing it, if you could you could add it to adblocker and make it go away.

I would rather pay Titan a small fee to eliminate the ads than to have the free account with the obnoxious and annoying ads. :rant:

Are there any decent alternatives to Titan?

Thanks..

Firefox & Adblock Plus! And Flashblock too!
I would say turn off javascript but I don't think that site will work without it.

Ads are getting so intrusive that one day in the not too distant future some dude will jump out of your screen, chainsaw your skull open and pour a bucketful of advertisements into your brain!

Seriously, I would PAY to not see the ads.

It never gets better. EVERYTHING, over time, gets worse.

You can stop the adds by adding a rule to your firewall/router to block all 174.132.0.0/16 addresses. This seems to take care of the pesky adds. It only gets rid of the "suggested links from yido" stuff though.

It's a Google associated thing. If you click on the "Ad Choices" link in the lower right corner it will take you to a page where you can opt out of the ads.

edit - The opt out thing doesn't seem to be working for me.

Last edited:
You can stop the adds by adding a rule to your firewall/router to block all 174.132.0.0/16 addresses. This seems to take care of the pesky adds. It only gets rid of the "suggested links from yido" stuff though.
Blocked ALL of TitanTV when I added it to my router.
Bob

As of today they now have these very large and obnoxious ads for "Yidio" when you click to view the details of a show. :mad:

Adblocker doesn't block them and the webpage is encrypted so you can't figure out what is doing it, if you could you could add it to adblocker and make it go away.

Try this filter, it works for me with Adblock Plus on Chrome:
titantv.com###yidio

Dee, you have an iPhone. Use the TitanTV app. There are still ads but they are less intrusive.

Sent from my iPod touch using SatelliteGuys

Yes, I have that.

By the way, I did what madlobster above suggested and it totally solved the problem. :)
I can't deal with distractions and especially blinking things. A few days ago I used a different browser that had no adblocking in it and I had dozens of pop-up windows that I couldn't close, voices telling "Congratulations! You've won!" then everytime I tried to closed the pop ups more would open or even worse, pop-unders. I'm sure that's how most people get viruses. :mad:

But I'm old so distractions annoy me. I don't want anyone telling me I need to buy anything. If I need something I will seek it out, I am not an impulse buyer and advertisements in general are deceptive and misleading. Profiteering parasites trying to fatten themselves even more by preying on those who don't know how to defend themselves from these onslaughts.

I hate ads... I really, really hate ads. The most used button on my remote control? MUTE...

Status
Please reply by conversation.