Status
Please reply by conversation.

chapelrun

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 12, 2008
Berryville, VA
OK, I was pretty excited when I first got my Openbox S9 - - - and sure it is kinda cool - - - but

I really missed the fine motor control of the SonicView - - - I also missed being able to drive my dish over to 15W if I wanted to. :up

So today - - I removed the Openbox S9 and reinstalled my trusty SonicView SV-HD8000. I'm not getting rid of the Openbox - - it just will not be my primary receiver anymore.

I will most likely use the Openbox for S2 only - - - and as I get my C-Band dish up this spring I'm sure I will use it more.

The Openbox has it's place - - and I did try to slave it to the SonicView but that did not work as well as expected it to.

Not sure what problem do you have with slaving Openbox S9 to SV8000HD, but its Loop Out port was designed as low signal loss port, and many people actually used that port as you might know. :)

I hooked my Prof 7301 card to that port by coax, and it locks all available DVB-S2 signals in Ku-band. Of course, it also depends on size and tune up of your dish, quality of LNBs and signal loss in your coax lines.

the SV8000 HD is a sweet receiver....very nice on screen displays and the menus are very user friendly....excellent picture quality also....being able to select the "step size" while fine tuning the motor is another excellent option....its a shame it does not do DVB-S2....if it did i would consider it one of the best receivers out there....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts