WGN Parting ways with The CW

And CBS carries My Network TV in Boston and Miami. Quid pro quo perhaps?

Not to mention KCOP already bumps My Network TV programming to 11PM, showing how important that programming is to them.

- Trip

When Scripps bought the My affiliate in Detroit last year (WMYD channel 20), they started running that station more like an independent. They still carry My Network programming during primetime, but they dropped all of the My Network branding so now if you watch that station, you wouldn't know it was a My affiliate unless you look it up online, like on Wikipedia.

I'm hoping that this means the WGN Sports over-the-air syndication package will have even more games in it than before, now that more games will be carried on WGN Chicago.

When Scripps bought the My affiliate in Detroit last year (WMYD channel 20), they started running that station more like an independent. They still carry My Network programming during primetime, but they dropped all of the My Network branding so now if you watch that station, you wouldn't know it was a My affiliate unless you look it up online, like on Wikipedia.

Scripps actually controls another My Network in Ann Arbor as well MY 18. Since both signals are available in the western countries (without Cable) in the area. The intent is to keep the identities of the stations different. WMYD does look more independent and is 100 percent programmed from WXYZ's studio. WHTV is considered in the Lansing market but utilizes the old WPXD transmitter site in Ann Arbor which serves the western side of Detroit

I remember a thread on here that tribune was parting ways with CW on just about all it's CW stations (WPHL, WNOL, etc), however them others linked a deal with the CBS owned secondary channel for a long term deal (minus WGN).......

I do not expect people to agree with me on this but they need to dump the entire MNTV channel operation altogether. Seems when UPN/WB went to the new change to CW/MNTV it's obvious that CW is the better channel all the way. I mean our MNTV was a LP station, well Nexstar put over a million dollars into making it an NBC station (KLAF 46) in Lafayette, La. MNTV's newest launch My Network Acadiana pretty much is like the old KLAF. Drama queen b.s. shows during the day and the two hour national programming at night.

What would be a great idea is maybe do mntv national programming on the CW affiliates from 9-11 (CST) then what was the MNTV channel we can add one of them subchannel programming (i.e. Escape TV) on it. I don't see why the MNTV is still in existence when the CW is clearly making the more headwave....

WPWR is a MY station owned by Fox. I am surprised that they would agree to this
Maybe Fox realizes that CW is a more profitable network than the drama queen MNTV network.....I mean MNTV programming in my market (KADN 15.3 or as it's called MyTV3 the only channel in America that is labeled that) is basically those talk shows with people acting like baffoons. Maybe it's time to bury MNTV with all the other defunct networks of the past....

Reactions: reddice
Myksmotv is part of KCTV5 that's a CBS station. Independent stations need to be part of Package so are Cable System/S. Dish can add them.
Your CBS affiliate is part of the Meredith Corporation.....It has nothing to do with Dish/Cable or Indy stations. This is about the CW (owned by CBS) moving from Tribune Flagship Station WGN to Fox owned MNTV affiliate WPRW. Fox is looking at the Big Picture with CW which has better programming than hope to be gone soon MNTV.

That is like me asking you why your Meredith Stations have no subchannels, because your Scripps owned stations launch the same subchannels
Cozi, Laff, Escape, Grit, Bounce.....Have cold pop for me....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts