WGN Parting ways with The CW

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Any chance that WGN will become a real live superstation again?
Not in the old sense. The way the law is written, WGN no longer qualifies as a "super station" of olde.
WGN could unite their broadcast and satellite channels, but it would be the same way TBS did when they gave up their super station status. WGN channel 9 would be the sole broadcast affiliate of the national cable channel "WGN America"

My recollection is that the law names potential superstations and that WGN was one of them. However they lost that status when they adopted the schedule they did. Still I do nto think they are likely to even want that status again.

Yes Sir that would be great to see the cubs, Bulls, blackhawks play on a regular basis on WGN and hopefully WGN America again...
The Cubs are likely to be off WGN altogether in a few years. Their multiple TV deals will all expire after the 2019 season and all signs point to them creating their own network. WGN already lost the radio rights and I expect they won't be able to compete financially for the television rights either. Ultimately, I am in favor of anything that consolidates their games into one location, rather than the current setup where it can be difficult to find which channel the game is being shown on any given night.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)