What Am I getting Into

Status
Please reply by conversation.

hu rider

Original poster
Apr 27, 2006
Man you guy's are way ahead of me and all this reading is making my eyes bleed.

As you can see I'm a old timer that got laid off my job after 18 years and asking for help due to not being able to afford DTV anymore.

My intrest is in the Coolsat or the Pansat, I would like it to have optical fiber for my sound system. I do have a DTV "Oval 3 LNB Dish" that I hear that can't be used.

What dish do I need to get with how many LNBs if at a latter time I might want to install one in the badroom..

Thanks for the help...Hu Rider / Casper

Hello and WELCOME to the SatelliteGuys.US FTA forum

You will need at least a 30" dish for FTA, you can also get a dual KU LNBF then you can hook up to two receivers. I use the QPH-031 from our GOLD sponsor Invacom, it has 4 outputs, two linear and two circular!

If you're from Casper, WY there is an ABC on KU band on 123 degrees (g10R)
and you can get it with the aforementioned 30" dish.

hu rider :welcome I thought the same when I got into FTA, "What am I getting into?" about one year or so ago. Until recent I didn't use a Diseqc switch or multi switch, I was just happy with sitting on G10R. The PrimeStar dish I am using had a lnb that has one output so multiswitch wasn't needed. I have expanded in setting up on IA5 now and tying both into switches. Right now I am learning how to mix more into switches, etc. I enjoy it so far and don't regret setting it up. At first my wife was like, :rolleyes: but after a while my wife and kids watch some of the programming as well.

Last edited:
I'm a newbie too... but am quickly becoming addicted to this expensive hobby... So far, this "FREE" tv stuff has cost me close to 500.00... but I just keep telling myself that in the end it'll be cheaper than having to pay at least that amount annually to dave or charlie or the cable man... does the cable guy have a nick like Dave or Charlie? If not I guess we'll have to go with Jim when referring to them?(J. Carey - cableguy movie)...

The cheapest way I found was to use an old PrimeStar dishes, etc. I have two set and use them well. I have a StarChoice dish as well that I can use.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)