What am I watching?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

tach18k

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 16, 2004
I just got my HR20-100, first HD unit. some channels come in with the left and right edges blacked out, some are broadcaster grayed logo out (espn) and then I have full screen. What is what. I'm currenly using a RGB cable and will be switching to a HDMI/DVI-3 cable. I have a Hitachi 46" rear projection unit. will the new cable get me consistantcy?
thanks

The ones with the left and right blacked out are HD stations showing SD 4:3 content...you will see the same with the HDMI cable, its normal... you can use your Hitachi's or you HR20's aspect controls to fill the screen if you must, but it will stretch the picture and look unnatural...

i believe on both the h20 and hr20, you can designate whether you want grey or black bars. i find the black least offensive.

i believe on both the h20 and hr20, you can designate whether you want grey or black bars. i find the black least offensive.

Actually light or dark grey plus black are available. If a 16:9 station broadcasts a 4:3 program, it will add its own pillar bars (some are black, some grey and some are other colors.)

I thought that was about right, just didnt know.
Is it normal for the sound to be so low on HD channels? I really have to crank up the volume to hear it off my TV set. Regular channels seem fine. I did notice some audio was breaking up last week with this unit but seem to be OK now, what happned to my stereo sound??? I used to get great sound from my TV speakers. Now it seem to me all mono.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)