What are you Watching?

Mrs. Foxbat and I watched “Ted Lasso” on AppleTV+. Even though the formula has been done before, the actors’ performances are what make it enjoyable to watch. CC may be helpful if you have trouble with the different accents.

If you like British comedies and have AppleTV+, I give it a solid “thumbs up!” The last episode of the season drops this Friday, and has been renewed for next year.

Broadcast/DVR
The 100 final season
Fargo s.4
What We Do in the Shadows s.1-2

Streaming
Lovecraft Country
Utopia
The Boys
The Expanse s. 3 (rewatching)
ST: Discovery s.2 (rewatching)
ST: Lower Decks

I wish I could get into the Expanse, I tried watching the first 4 episodes and just couldn't get into it ... tooo many people to keep track of I think.

You made it farther in than I did! The very first episode had my head spinning. Am I supposed to "get into" any of those many characters? I guess the producers thought, "the more the merrier".

You made it farther in than I did! The very first episode had my head spinning. Am I supposed to "get into" any of those many characters? I guess the producers thought, "the more the merrier".

The series follows the books pretty well. I feel it is intended mostly for those of us that have read the books.

I felt the same about Game of Thrones which I did not read. Had a tough time keeping track of the stories. Mostly eye candy to me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Foxbat and TheKrell
I wish I could get into the Expanse, I tried watching the first 4 episodes and just couldn't get into it ... tooo many people to keep track of I think.
The Expanse is well worth the effort. I remember feeling the same when I watched season 1 as the episodes originally aired on SyFy. I recommend sticking with it for the first season, then reading the first book in the series, Leviathan Wakes. That really helped clear things up for me. That's probably more effort than you, or most people, want to put into a TV show, but it does pay off, at least it did for me. The remaining seasons and books in the series have been superb.

The Expanse is well worth the effort. I remember feeling the same when I watched season 1 as the episodes originally aired on SyFy. I recommend sticking with it for the first season, then reading the first book in the series, Leviathan Wakes. That really helped clear things up for me. That's probably more effort than you, or most people, want to put into a TV show, but it does pay off, at least it did for me. The remaining seasons and books in the series have been superb.
Question is, can you get all this sorted out with out reading the books ?

World Series Game 6 on Dish channel 540-01. The picture is brighter OTA, but the sound is far better on Dish. Plus, 4K vs. 720p!

Streamers:
Hanna, s.2
Doom Patrol, s.1
The Undoing
Star Trek Discovery, s.3

Broadcast/Cable:
Fear the Walking Dead s.6
Coroner s.2
Fargo s.4
Soulmates
Deutschland 89 (premieres Thurs.)