What are you Watching?

Another series down, just watched Motherland Fort Salem on Hulu, it was good, wife loved it, took 3 days to watch all 10 episode.

Just redeemed a free month of CBS All Access to finally start Picard, and I'll probably check out s.2 of Twilight Zone at some point. Any other CBSAA originals worth watching? Any thoughts on Interrogation, Why Women Kill, Strange Angel, The Thomas John Experience?

BTW, I'm now able to get 5.1 audio (DD+) on my Roku by hitting the star button on the remote and toggling Audio Track. Woo hoo! I might have to rewatch s.2 of Discovery now.

Just redeemed a free month of CBS All Access to finally start Picard, and I'll probably check out s.2 of Twilight Zone at some point. Any other CBSAA originals worth watching? Any thoughts on Interrogation, Why Women Kill, Strange Angel, The Thomas John Experience?

BTW, I'm now able to get 5.1 audio (DD+) on my Roku by hitting the star button on the remote and toggling Audio Track. Woo hoo! I might have to rewatch s.2 of Discovery now.
What Roku do you have?

Please test it on your Ultra that's what I have. Thank you.:star

Confirmed. I'm getting 5.1 audio on my Roku Ultra (4640). BTW, I didn't mention in my earlier post two caveats: it only works on accounts subbed to the commercial-free version of CBSAA, and you have to reset it (hit the star key and toggle audio track) for each episode you watch.

BTW, I didn't mention in my earlier post two caveats: it only works on accounts subbed to the commercial-free version of CBSAA, and you have to reset it (hit the star key and toggle audio track) for each episode you watch.
My 2015 Roku 3 (firmware 9.3) doesn't make me jump through hoops like that on the commercial-free CBSAA via Amazon.

My 2015 Roku 3 (firmware 9.3) doesn't make me jump through hoops like that on the commercial-free CBSAA via Amazon.
The Amazon Channels route has always been the surest way to get 5.1 audio for these services on pretty much any device. But my free month code only works when going directly through CBSAA.

Twilight Zone, s2 (the latest CBSAA reboot). The first episode (available free to anyone) was meh, but the second, written by Jordan Peele, was pretty good.

Finished Travelers last night. A couple minor quibbles with the show but I enjoyed it. Seemed they were given the opportunity to end or reset it in a satisfying way.

I think on to the partial season of Billions next.

Watched the season finale of Penny Dreadful: City of Angels last night. I loved the atmosphere and period setting of the entire season, which got better over time. But then the finale was pretty weak. No real payoff after all the buildup.

Watched the season finale of Penny Dreadful: City of Angels last night. I loved the atmosphere and period setting of the entire season, which got better over time. But then the finale was pretty wak. No real payoff after all the buildup.

The season is on my DVR as well, didn't realize last night was the finale.

Finished Travelers last night. A couple minor quibbles with the show but I enjoyed it. Seemed they were given the opportunity to end or reset it in a satisfying way.

I think on to the partial season of Billions next.
I agree, the ending could have been much better ... they even COULD have made it good enough for another season, but it started to turn sideways at the end.

Warrior Nun on Netflix, good but very much a Buffy rip-off.

Last edited:
Just watched Hamilton, actually enjoyed it.

It looked amazing in 4K.