What are you Watching?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Parallels on Disney+ — A decent teen sci-fi adventure without the usual teen relationship drama
Outer Range on Prime – Pleasant surprise. A sci-fi Yosemite without the toxic family relationship drama
The Newsreader on the Roku Channel – Another pleasant surprise, set in a 1986 Australian newsroom without the era's sexism-driven intra-office politics drama. Just kidding. That's the gist of the show. But very well done with great leads.

“Prehistoric Planet” on AppleTV+. It’s David Attenborough at his voice-over best, but the realism has been kicked to eleven on the dinosaur CGI.

“Prehistoric Planet” on AppleTV+. It’s David Attenborough at his voice-over best, but the realism has been kicked to eleven on the dinosaur CGI.
Makes Walking with Dinosaurs look like absolute ****, it looks so real, this is 4K/DV at it’s finest.

Also like that they have John Hammond’s brother do the narration.

• Wow
Reactions: Foxbat and TheKrell
I squeezed in part of one episode last night (the desert one) and was blown away by the visuals. I can't help but wonder, though, how much of the depicted behaviors are purely speculative, projecting current animal kingdom behaviors on the dinosaurs. The show doesn't really go into explaining how they know any of this stuff. It's presented like this is 100% how it was, as if they were filming live lions in Etosha.

Reactions: Foxbat and TheKrell
Watching Episode 2, definitely went a different way with the look of the velociraptor.

Reactions: Foxbat
Just started “Severance” on AppleTV+, got through two episodes and I’m enjoying it.

I finished “Ms. Marvel” today and it’s the best Marvel series so far. Sad that we have to wait for the next Disney+ series…

Reactions: Zookster
Mrs. Foxbat and I started the fourth season of “Ozark” but need to finish it. I started watching “Black Bird” but wanted her to watch since it I thought she’d enjoy it.

I watched the first episode of “Sandman” but that will probably be a solo watch event.

Just to highlight a few things that I'm enjoying that might not be on a lot of folks' radar:

I just finished Paper Girls and started A League of Their Own on Prime. I liked Paper Girls, but two episodes into League, it's a bit soapier than I was expecting. I heard it gets better.

Ten Percent on AMC+ was a really good change-of-pace dramedy. Lots of great cameos of Brit actors playing themselves.

Irma Vep on HBO Max is hard to describe, but like Ten Percent, I enjoyed this insider look into the process of making movies and TV shows.

I almost didn't watch Loot on Apple TV+, but it was much better than I expected. A fun little dramedy set in the field I work in (nonprofit fundraising).

Reactions: Foxbat
I almost didn't watch Loot on Apple TV+, but it was much better than I expected. A fun little dramedy set in the field I work in (nonprofit fundraising).
I tried to get Mrs. Foxbat into “Loot” but ended up watching most episodes solo. I haven’t got caught up with last Friday’s episode yet. At some point, I was picking up a kinda “Ted Lasso” vibe from the show, in as much as it’s an ensemble comedy that isn’t all about Maya Rudolph’s character.

Reactions: Zookster