What are your favorite rivalries that your teams are involved in?

How do you feel if you win the first game and lose the second one, thats the one that determines what bowl you go to .... you are 1-1 against them, want to play again the next week ?

Not totally the same, but in 99 we had florida on the schedule. The regular season game was an absolute classic. Bama won 40-39 in overtime in Gainesville.

Go ahead a month or so and they meet in the SEC champ. game. We spanked them 34-7 in a game that wasnt even as close as the score. Made it sweeter:D

Of course this was the year we also lost to La. Tech......in birmingham.....

But yes, even if we were 1-1 in a series the same year, I would still want to play the next week.

Not totally the same, but in 99 we had florida on the schedule. The regular season game was an absolute classic. Bama won 40-39 in overtime in Gainesville.

Go ahead a month or so and they meet in the SEC champ. game. We spanked them 34-7 in a game that wasnt even as close as the score. Made it sweeter:D

Of course this was the year we also lost to La. Tech......in birmingham.....

But yes, even if we were 1-1 in a series the same year, I would still want to play the next week.

I was thinking about from your example from Bama's point of view, they won the first game and lost the second game, now Bama is saying hey, your going to the better bowl game (possibly the MNC) and we beat you the first time around, so were 1-1 and lose the bowl bid.

That the thought I want to know about, if you were in Bama's shoes at the time, but hey, this is an interesting conversation !

Of course there's always the possibility that Michigan is in the same division as the Bucks, 1 scenario was Ohio State, Penn State and the two Michigan teams (don't remember what other two teams they mentioned) in the same division.

Hopefully they don't set up like the Big 12. It maintained the OU/OSU and OU/Texas rivalries, but the split divisions killed the OU/Nebraska rivalry as they only played every two years unless they met in the Championship game.

Hopefully they don't set up like the Big 12. It maintained the OU/OSU and OU/Texas rivalries, but the split divisions killed the OU/Nebraska rivalry as they only played every two years unless they met in the Championship game.
Yeah, reasons like that led the ACC to adopt the SEC format for Football.

Just because it can't be said enough...

Attachments

• bclogo3nrqw3.gif
    bclogo3nrqw3.gif
    9.9 KB · Views: 85
I thought you were from the deep south, where we don't let women read ;)

nervously looking over my shoulder to make sure my wife doesn't read this, good thing the only sports she cares about is hockey. :D

Its ok, she wont see it anyway. She is far too busy with the child raising and fixing my supper...:p

HD, what about the NFL's Buckeye State Battle- Browns vs. Bengals?
From what I've seen since living here around Cincy, the Steelers are much more hated than the Browns. I would bet Bengal fans consider that (Bengals/Steelers) much more of a rivalry.

Any Bengal fans care to offer their input? Ramy?

HD, what about the NFL's Buckeye State Battle- Browns vs. Bengals?

As far as rivalries are concerned, I'd rank them like this...

1a. Steelers (There's just a natural hate between these two teams, cities and fans. It's hard to explain, but we just hate eachother, plain and simple. I would never marry a Steeler fan and I'd disown my kid if he/she ever became a fan.)

1b. Ravens (They are the "Old Browns". Formally owned by ex-Browns owner, Art Model, he moved the team out of Cleveland. We hold a grudge for a long time and I don't think we'll ever forgive Art for this move).

A distant #2. Bengals (The only thing between the teams are the inter-state thing and sharing the same division).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)