What chanels will be added?

kelljc said:
Does anyone know of any main line services uplinking in "HD", that Voom Could add?. That I may have overlooked?

In another thread I posted a list of all HD (except the VOOM exclusives) currently being uplinked. http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=48666&page=2

If a channel isn't being uplinked or transmitted (IE: microwave) it doesn't have to be made available to other service providers.

The only HD channels I could find that aren't on VOOM are:

NFL Network HD
HD Net
HD Net Movies
Spice HD
Wealth TV

I've heard talk of ESPN2-HD. Was this launched and if so what is the satellite location? I know there were press releases that it would launch.

Update Found a couple more:

ESPN-HD Alternate (Galaxy 10R)
Outdoor Channel 2HD (currently testing on Galaxy 10R)

kelljc said:
You may be correct, but I've checked all current satellites and found only 3 or 4 services Voom does not carry as of this date> unless more providers are in the process on uplinking their services in "HD" where are any new "HD's " going to come from . upconverted or Voom Originals: no one can bake a cake without the batter:." Does anyone know of any main line services uplinking in "HD", that Voom Could add?. That I may have overlooked?: If so please give us the Satellite and Tp# on the new Channel. so we all can see?.

I think it's pretty clear that there are only a few generally broadcasting HD channels that Voom could add... what people are overlooking is the fact that most, if not all these new HD channels will probably be "exclusives" ie. a re-cut of their existing movie and content channels with enough new content and classifications to make it worth while. Perhaps something like Sci-Fi movies, Rave Heavy Metal, Rave Classical etc.

bryan27 said:
In another thread I posted a list of all HD (except the VOOM exclusives) currently being uplinked. http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=48666&page=2

If a channel isn't being uplinked or transmitted (IE: microwave) it doesn't have to be made available to other service providers.

NFL Network HD
HD Net
HD Net Movies
Spice HD
Wealth TV

I've heard talk of ESPN2-HD. Was this launched and if so what is the satellite location? I know there were press releases that it would launch.

Very good work: but my point has been made, Who will buy voom for NFLnetwork"HD",or Spice a XXX service?. Hdnet and hd net movies would be good. come on this is 2005 there are no other services worth the investment as of this Date, don't you agree??. or should "Voom" add WealthTV,NFL,Outdoor . for what reason? to spend money on Channels that very few would watch?. I live in the midwest, and I go hunting never have watch Outdoor that's for non sportsmen who only dream of what could be?.
Sorry forgot to Add I love "Voom" as it is now could it be better?. E & D should hope "Voom" Dies, then they can give all of you nonvoomers what you want " Nothing" . and yes I'm now at >09 " Blow and Go "

voomvoom said:
My guess would be:
ESPN2 HD
Fox Sports Bay Area HD
Fox Sports Chicago HD
Fox Sports Ohio HD
and 1 other Fox Sports Regional HD or Wealth TV
or maybe Encore West HD

and also, with the testing on channel 700, not to mention the Caller ID function, maybe a PPV channel is coming...
but, I'm looking for all 4 or 5 HD channels to be sports....

Another Good Reply:. but why should "voom" spend dollars on such a few sub's. We have EncoreHd, don't need the West Feed. and how many will watch the fox sports channels, C-band has dropped them from their service, do you see the clue, no one cares's for the money spent:. Now if we could watch all , then that may be good "but we can't?":. so why try and please a few thousand?. the only hope we have is that the main providers start up linking their Analog service also, that would be a big help. don't you think?.. Now testing .13

bryan27 said:

NFL Network HD
HD Net
HD Net Movies
Spice HD
Wealth TV

I am not trying to beat a dead horse...but inHD 1 and 2 are being uplinked but are on none of the satellite providers

http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/indemandia13.html

yanks2402 said:
I am not trying to beat a dead horse...but inHD 1 and 2 are being uplinked but are on none of the satellite providers

http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/indemandia13.html

There was a thread here about Voom trying to get it, but the companies owning it (Comcast, etc ) wanting too much money for it per sub, and Voom wanted to know how much it was per sub on a cable system vs. how much they wanted from a DBS provider per sub., and how Voom (DBS companies) should pay the same price ( which I agree with).
The cable companies refused to give out that info, and something was filed, either with the FCC or the courts.

bruce said:
There was a thread here about Voom trying to get it, but the companies owning it (Comcast, etc ) wanting too much money for it per sub, and Voom wanted to know how much it was per sub on a cable system vs. how much they wanted from a DBS provider per sub., and how Voom (DBS companies) should pay the same price ( which I agree with).
The cable companies refused to give out that info, and something was filed, either with the FCC or the courts.

I know all about the discussions and reasons why, but I was just adding to the fact that he said that those were the only HD channels uploaded on satellite, but the InHD channels are distributed by satellite.

yanks2402 said:
I know all about the discussions and reasons why, but I was just adding to the fact that he said that those were the only HD channels uploaded on satellite, but the InHD channels are distributed by satellite.

sorry Fellows, we seem to going in a circle?, The question is What New channels, can " Voom " add, Except for the Few mentioned, there are no other's to be had, unless " Voom" upconverted or supply more Originals, " why ask Voom for something that they can not do:, Until the Main line providers start progaming in "HD" can we ask for More?????. It's like a double bladed knife, Voom can not do it all. someone else must stand up to the plate, and start giving their customers this service,

yanks2402 & bruce

Thank's. That's very interesting. I wouldn't doubt that Comcast is restricting access to the channels illegally. Several channels in the past have tried price gouging and failed

kelljc said:
Very good work: but my point has been made, Who will buy voom for NFLnetwork"HD",or Spice a XXX service?. Hdnet and hd net movies would be good. come on this is 2005 there are no other services worth the investment as of this Date, don't you agree??. or should "Voom" add WealthTV,NFL,Outdoor . for what reason? to spend money on Channels that very few would watch?.

I agree that there would be very few perhaps none who would take VOOM for just NFL Net-HD, Spice, Outdoor, or Wealth. However, adding NFL-Outdoor-Wealth to the basic package would make VOOM more attractive.

All multi-channel video providers pay for channels that very few watch. That is what happens when you have 250+ channels. Look at the people that won't go on board with VOOM because it is missing X channel or Y channel.

It is all personal preferences some prefer X, while some prefer Y, and some others like Z. I wouldn't have much use for NFL Net-HD or Outdoor-HD, definately no interest in Spice, Wealth looks interesting. I don't know all the much about HDNet, but the point is if adding NFL Net-HD, Spice, Outdoor, and Wealth makes VOOM look more attractive and together it gets some of the fence sitters out there to be subs then I would say adding those channels are well worth it.

kelljc said:
sorry Fellows, we seem to going in a circle?, The question is What New channels, can " Voom " add, Except for the Few mentioned, there are no other's to be had, unless " Voom" upconverted or supply more Originals, " why ask Voom for something that they can not do:, Until the Main line providers start progaming in "HD" can we ask for More?????. It's like a double bladed knife, Voom can not do it all. someone else must stand up to the plate, and start giving their customers this service,

I never said Voom should add the channels...if you read what a wrote, all I said was that those channels were uploaded to a satellite. I know the law that says if it is on a sat. it can be offered to everyone, but not once did I ask, or say V* should carry the channel.

I personally would like to see VOOM add GolTV and ESPN Deportes. That would solidly add to their sports offering.

-F

I would like to see Voom add Gol TV (English) and ESPN Deportes too. Also I would like to see NESN HD and Fox Sports New England (HD if possible). And lastly HDNet/HDNet Movies and later on when available, the Real Madrid TV Channel (English version should be available by Summer).

kelljc said:
Very good work: but my point has been made, Who will buy voom for NFLnetwork"HD",or Spice a XXX service?. Hdnet and hd net movies would be good. come on this is 2005 there are no other services worth the investment as of this Date, don't you agree??. or should "Voom" add WealthTV,NFL,Outdoor . for what reason? to spend money on Channels that very few would watch?. I live in the midwest, and I go hunting never have watch Outdoor that's for non sportsmen who only dream of what could be?.
Sorry forgot to Add I love "Voom" as it is now could it be better?. E & D should hope "Voom" Dies, then they can give all of you nonvoomers what you want " Nothing" . and yes I'm now at >09 " Blow and Go "

My understanding was that personal animosity between Dolan and Cuban precluded there being any chance of Voom carrying HDNet. As in, Dolan would like to see Cuban burned alive slowly while rats gnawed off his appendages. Hence, wishing for HDNet on Voom is about as useful as wishing for little green leprachauns to come flying out of our STBs flinging gold coins at us like confetti.

And, I'm confuzzled by this Outdoor Network thing -- why's it Outdoor Network 2? Do they also have an Outdoor Network #1 in HD somewhere that we don't know about?

I actually enjoyed a few shows on the outdoor network, waaaaay back in the day, when I was an E* customer. Thing is, they had some of the lowest PQ of anything on TV, and it wasn't the satellite. Some of 'em you could see the bad crossbar noise & such from poor VHS to VHS duplication. Like they shot their footage on home video cameras. Seems kinda silly to broadcast that material over HD. But it's been more'n a year now since I've had E*, so maybe the Outdoor Network changed in the interim.

Frankly, I don't much care what channels they roll out, I mostly hope they don't waste a bunch of bandwidth with local-area channels. Every time I see the DirecTV add where they talk about how they're about to roll out 1,500 HD channels, I feel like throwing inanimate objects. Such talk merely proves most Voomers fears true: That HD to the "big" satellite providers will just be more watered-down, compressed-beyond-all-recognition CRAP that leaves local broadcasters with no incentive to return to the days of actual OTA broadcast (I'm not sure why we even call them broadcasters any more, since so few of them take the OTA part of their OTA license seriously until you try to take it away from them) and leaves most Americans with a mediocre imitation of HDTV. One little improved over the 480p you can get from a $40 DVD player, and one which leaves those same Americans asking, "So how come we had to hear about how great this new-fangled HD stuff was, anyhow? Don't look all that much better 'n what we used to have."

I only get ONE local channel OTA which is true HD, thanks to multicasting. Voom had a capacity for, what, a little over 40 HD channels if that was all they carried on their one bird? So, for D* to offer 1,500 HD channels, I guess they'll be putting 30+ birds up.

Riii-ight. Like I said, this is just proof that to the rest of the world, HD is a hollow shell. A sales pitch, and no more. I hope like heck Voom doesn't ever succumb to that kind of mediocrity-for-the-masses approach.

I work at a real estate office and the investor for some of our listings is the CEO of The Outdoor Channel. I seem him almost on a weekly basis and I will ask him about the HD channel in the works.

JWK said:
And, I'm confuzzled by this Outdoor Network thing -- why's it Outdoor Network 2? Do they also have an Outdoor Network #1 in HD somewhere that we don't know about?

I relayed what was on the satellite chart. It said "The Outdoor Channel 2HD Tests." I would assume that "1" is the analog and "2" is the digital.

It is listed on TP.24 Galaxy 10R
http://www.lyngsat.com/g10r.html

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)