Status
Please reply by conversation.

LocutusOfBorg

I have better things to do
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 2, 2009
USA
I just noticed that it's gone and was wondering what happened to it.

Are you saying you had it and it's disappeared? Do you have programming and do you let the dish update? I still have it in my 4D but I have 0 hits for 2 months and I don't do any updates. If it did disappear because of an update Motorola is messing with the maps now for shutdown. No more hits for my 4D.

Still have it here and I watch W5 channels all the time.

I have W5 but no AI. It's kinda strange because it's missing in option 6-4-4 but appears when I press the SAT button on the remote but the receiver won't move to it anymore. Oh well, I don't regularly go to AI so it's not a big deal. I was just curious.

After seeing your last post I had to go check it out further, mine has AI in opt 6-4-4 and the SAT button, and it will go to it, and all the DMX music channels still work. I got a bit nervous there! Not sure what happened to yours though.

Checked mine in options 6,4,4 and moves to it. DMX working. :) We are getting down to crunch time though with no answers yet about generics etc. We also have nothing proven as far as any messing with our current maps. Motorola can put anything in the pipe at night as long as the 4096 EMM is still up. If your sitting on a channel that the maps are on (movie & W5 mostly) or program your dish for updates you can and will take any changes. I have been protecting my 4D for almost 2 months now and also have been staying off W5 (its too active with a working datastream 24/7) As far as I'm concerned it's not safe to go back in the water yet.

Checked mine in options 6,4,4 and moves to it. DMX working. :) We are getting down to crunch time though with no answers yet about generics etc. We also have nothing proven as far as any messing with our current maps. Motorola can put anything in the pipe at night as long as the 4096 EMM is still up. If your sitting on a channel that the maps are on (movie & W5 mostly) or program your dish for updates you can and will take any changes. I have been protecting my 4D for almost 2 months now and also have been staying off W5 (its too active with a working datastream 24/7) As far as I'm concerned it's not safe to go back in the water yet.

I do have the 4D set to do nightly updates. If that's what messed things up then so be it. I don't care too much about the generic stuff but it would be nice if we can keep the 4D as a dish mover especially if we can program it to move to sats outside of the "normal" NA sats. I'm currently using the generic CC to move the dish to IS-11.

I lost AI back a couple of months ago, testing a master reset on box. I have noticed there is X4 next to W5 in satellite maps, and it works same as AI did best I can tell.

As TVROPro pointed out, W5 is very active with auth streams FYI. I found this out a several months back after my NPS sub ran out mid month. I was ok with C3/C4 and didn't lose auth, for a week, but wife or kids were surfing W5 and lost auth. Just wanted to point this out, my trip count goes up on several of the HITS virtual channels, I am not sure which transponders are active in auth stream. Obviously one wouldn't want to have auto update set on at this time.

I have most satellite tiles set up from 45 W to 137 W and have no plans on any further testing at this time unless something worthwhile comes down the pike. I have offered source code for 4play to fellow 4dtv'ers by request and offer is still good. I can't afford to lose my satellite tiles, therefore I will not be trying any of Motorola's "updates" at this time.

Again, stay away from W5 if you are not subscribed, it may be our nemesis.

Yep W5 is very active with data and so are all movie channels. I may as well say this since its no big deal anymore. I still have old NPS subs active on C3 & C4 that expired almost 2 months ago that I've watched allot. There is stuff from that sub on W5 too but I won't go to that bird instant deauth within 15 minutes. I will loose the extended freebies to OC come December I want to bet since my 2 months of working keys will be old.

I wonder how AI/W5 will effect us once the 4096 EMM is taken down. I don't know if our boxes will read the maps from 4160 EMM. We may need a few testers to do some testing on W5 and not change the EMM and see if those units get affected. The reason I wonder is if you point a 4DTV at F1R you will add the starchoice maps even though the EMM is 4128. I have AI already and my TDT is in the 1700's so I don't think a W5 update will overflow the TDT. What I wonder if they can delete tiles as easy as add them? Hence if we go to W5 for DMX or an ITC event will we get hammered?

Last edited:
Yep W5 is very active with data and so are all movie channels. I may as well say this since its no big deal anymore. I still have old NPS subs active on C3 & C4 that expired almost 2 months ago that I've watched allot. There is stuff from that sub on W5 too but I won't go to that bird instant deauth within 15 minutes. I will loose the extended freebies to OC come December I want to bet since my 2 months of working keys will be old.

I wonder how AI/W5 will effect us once the 4096 EMM is taken down. I don't know if our boxes will read the maps from 4160 EMM. We may need a few testers to do some testing on W5 and not change the EMM and see if those units get affected. The reason I wonder is if you point a 4DTV at F1R you will add the starchoice maps even though the EMM is 4128. I have AI already and my TDT is in the 1749 so I don't think a W5 update will overflow the TDT. What I wonder if they can delete tiles and channels as easy as add them? Hence if we go to W5 for DMX or an ITC event will we get hammered?

I will also add that the transponder on G5/125W that has a "choice of music" will also kill uncurrent sub channels, found this out the hard way. It don't give too many hits, but it will hit periodically. W5 will hit the box like hell. It would be nice if someone could provide a satellite/transponder list that has all the tps that send hits out.

Partial channel/tp list is G1-3, G1-13, G1-150, G0-05, GB-24, W5-14, W5-194, G5-?

Keep on enjoying them C3/C4's while you can, soon to be gone from us forever.:( SD masters picture quality is unmatched by SD pizza. Another couple of years everything will probably be in HD though. Rammed down our throat just like 4dtv and digital OTA.

My W5 SuperPack ends 11/30/2010. What's the best way to keep it working longer? I know my NPS All American sub lasted a month over when it expired.

I will also add that the transponder on G5/125W that has a "choice of music" will also kill uncurrent sub channels, found this out the hard way. It don't give too many hits, but it will hit periodically.
Yep, that's why I use my DSR-4200V for the "Choice" :)

My W5 SuperPack ends 11/30/2010. What's the best way to keep it working longer? I know my NPS All American sub lasted a month over when it expired.
All I can say is stay away from transponders that issue hits. TP with VC 194 is, I don't know if there are others. If you get on an active transponder you'll know shortly. You are still subscribed, so you could see which tp's cause the trip meter to increment (if you dare)...

The choice is still the best. Beats XM, Sirius, DMX, SonicTap HANDS DOWN!! (and won't ruin my plasma with a still screen)

All I can say is stay away from transponders that issue hits. TP with VC 194 is, I don't know if there are others. If you get on an active transponder you'll know shortly. You are still subscribed, so you could see which tp's cause the trip meter to increment (if you dare)...

The choice is still the best. Beats XM, Sirius, DMX, SonicTap HANDS DOWN!! (and won't ruin my plasma with a still screen)

I've done some experimenting in the past and if one were to loose maps, the W5/AI tile will get "some" of the choice of music channels.

SonicTap/DMX's loop it way too short to where one can notice the songs repeating.

XM Sounds like you're listening over a cell phone.

BTW, FYI. SonicTAP/DMX is (both GB Masters and W5 HITS) 128kbps DolbyDigital2.0 and choice is 192kbps DolbyDigital2.0.

I'm guessing XM is 24kbps AAC+. Sure sounds like it.

When I was a subscriber before this all started this year I feared going nowhere and never had a problem. Now it looks like I can only pick and choose. After I go OC it won't matter (figure around Dec 1) The thing that concerns me then is the channel maps and satellite tiles. Wish Mike Kohl would come up with an official word on a few things from the people in high places and let us know.

My AI has disappeared off the add/remove satellite setup page but remains on the move to sat page and won't let me move to it. Now how do I get rid of it other than a master reset?! GRRR!

X4 has showed up in the add/remove page and I was able to add it and it appears to have the same maps as AI.

This is getting confusing and messy.

My AI has disappeared off the add/remove satellite setup page but remains on the move to sat page and won't let me move to it. Now how do I get rid of it other than a master reset?! GRRR!

X4 has showed up in the add/remove page and I was able to add it and it appears to have the same maps as AI.

This is getting confusing and messy.

Does your X4 work on C band or Ku? I have X4 still in my 922 but its from the days of ku. Does the new X4 if there is one start at 200 and go into the 900's? Thats what the 410 and AI does. And if so does it tune DMX? I can't go to AI/W5 I can't take a deauth hit, testing :)

Does your X4 work on C band or Ku? I have X4 still in my 922 but its from the days of ku. Does the new X4 if there is one start at 200 and go into the 900's? Thats what the 410 and AI does. And if so does it tune DMX? I can't go to AI/W5 I can't take a deauth hit, testing :)

Ya, X4 is on C, seems the exact same as AI, DMX and all. Just rebooted my 905 and it picked up X4 too. Even after a reboot I can't get the unusable AI to go away on my 922. Should I master reset it while I still can and before my sub expires Monday?

Status
Please reply by conversation.