What happened to the volume leveling software for the 722k??

I posted this in a similar thread, but I thought I would put it here also, as it may be helpful to some:

There has been several postings about this "problem". Until DishNet releases a software solution here is a workaround: The problem is that the Hi def receivers are equipped with Dolby 5.1 as the default output, if you are connected to your TV with a hdmi cable and your TV has only 2 speakers then you have Dolby 5.1 being pushed thru 2 speakers. 2 speakers are STEREO not 5.1 (6 speakers) To balance the sound if you are using your stereo 2 speaker TV output, you must reset your Hi def receiver settings. Depending on your Dish receiver model, go to menu/system setup/dolby Digital, then select RF Mode and select PCM only. Then press DONE. This resets the output to 2 channel stereo to meet your TV's stereo design.( Might need to power off and restart your Dish receiver to get new setting to take effect) If your TV has built in DD 5.1 or you are outputting to a DD 5.1 amp or soundbar, then do not make this modification to your hi def receiver. I can't say this will equalize HD and SD sound levels on all TVs, but it did do that on my LG plasma 50" TV. This also allowed me to use my TV's surround sound settings to produce a better sound from the TV's speakers. Hope this works for you!!!
Thanks for the info. My sound from one station to another is now much closer.

IT IS HERE

Today I saw that the new software for the volume leveling is downloaded on my 722k. I will be checking to see how it is working. It is something I have been waiting three months for we will no longer have to keep the remote in hand to control the up and down volume. Good job dishnetwork.:):)

Today I saw that the new software for the volume leveling is downloaded on my 722k. I will be checking to see how it is working. It is something I have been waiting three months for we will no longer have to keep the remote in hand to control the up and down volume. Good job dishnetwork.:):)

what version is it?

enable /diable

If you have 661 then you have the volume leveling s/w. It is default enabled. If you want to disable menu 6-7 and you can disable it there. I will be doing that once I get move and hook up to my 7.1 systems. In fact if sounds like the sound is now pumping a bit. Which means that it is a really cheap comp/limiter they have enable. I just disabled it and it was pumping heavily. Just guessing that it's set to something like a 50 to 1 limiter ratio. It may also be that the local NBC is using a comp limiter & this added to that makes it really pump. Beware in a case like this it will sound awful.

Last edited:
Stinks

I can't stand it the comp/limiter program is one of the worse I've ever heard. It pumps like a bike pump. In -out in- out so for all of you that wanted it it's here but I've already disabled it. This is just over TV speakers and not hooked up over surround sound yet and that will make it even more obvious. I may to try and find an audio spectrum analyzer to hook up just to see how much it is comp/limiting. But just from listening I think the dynamic range is no wider than about 40 to 50 db at the most. :rant:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts