What HR DVR will work with the Genie?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Of course they will, but you have to know the tuner limits yourself in order to not have more tuners than you setup can handle.

A legacy lnb with a swm multiswitch will allow eight or sixteen depending upon the model of multiswitch you get. Additional swm switches can be added to increase the number of allowable tuners.

While all this is true keep in mind if you run multiple swm16s or 8s for that matter mrv/internet will not bridge from switch to switch.. even the swm32 switch does not bridge mrv from channel to channel.

Now does the HR-24 have a separate recording list or can I access the genie content as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have my HR24 and HR44 set to share. I record the same things on both as a backup, so I see two of each episode in a folder, and delete both once I have watched one. Can be done from either DVR.

Old lease equipment can be activated as owned, just have to call access card dept and explain receiver was deactivated and was non return model and was given to previous customer for disposal as they see fit. They will then send out the access card for $20, then call access card dept back to activate, tell them activate as owned, in my experience they will since they basically gave the equipment to the former customers. Old account must be in good standing. Equipment will be owned so if it fails without protection plan your out of luck, you must purchase another, and it will be leased.

Again I don't know the exact policy I just know my brother has a couple of my old HR20's on his account as owned by doing this.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Old lease equipment can be activated as owned, just have to call access card dept and explain receiver was deactivated and was non return model and was given to previous customer for disposal as they see fit. They will then send out the access card for $20, then call access card dept back to activate, tell them activate as owned, in my experience they will since they basically gave the equipment to the former customers. Old account must be in good standing. Equipment will be owned so if it fails without protection plan your out of luck, you must purchase another, and it will be leased.

Again I don't know the exact policy I just know my brother has a couple of my old HR20's on his account as owned by doing this.

This is the first I've heard of this ....

Anyone else heard of this scenario ?

Essentially what your saying is that if I have a recvr that I turn off, if they don't ask for it back, I can call back in and reactivate it as OWNED ...
Thats pretty much what you said ... I'm not so sure.

This is the first I've heard of this ....

Anyone else heard of this scenario ?

Essentially what your saying is that if I have a recvr that I turn off, if they don't ask for it back, I can call back in and reactivate it as OWNED ...
Thats pretty much what you said ... I'm not so sure.

Why would you deactivate a receiver send back old card, pay $20 for a new card to activate again....

I am not so sure what benefit having owned vs leased on your account would be.... you gain nothing, you cancel you still have to send card back and you are right back where you started.....and again I don't know the policy, just speaking from my experience. This may not be the norm...

Why would you deactivate a receiver send back old card, pay $20 for a new card to activate again....

I am not so sure what benefit having owned vs leased on your account would be.... you gain nothing, you cancel you still have to send card back and you are right back where you started.....and again I don't know the policy, just speaking from my experience. This may not be the norm...

I would do that in the case of me upgrading to a newer recvr and normally turn the old on back in, if they want it, otherwise it sits in my closet like the several I currently have ... ok suppose I have a need for another recvr, now I don't have to pay for another recvr, I can use the one that I previously had, I also think that if I turned one off and later reactivated it, I probably would not need a new card, seeing it's going back on the same account it came off of.

Regardless, if you do need a new card, they send on out next day air, activate it and your good to go .... normally if you ask they will waive the $20 fee.

I probably would not need a new card

My experience is if you deactivate a receiver they send out a mailer to send back your old access card, you never own the card. But besides that I don't see why you couldn't do what your wanting.

Hmmm, wonder how my bill will be affected once the Merger goes thru ?:amen

My bill will probably go UP :eeek
I dont know if Direct will continue to operate separately or if they will be merged, but I do know ATT is a union company. Also I know ATT pays a 100% of benefits for their techs(at least in the state I live in) and they draw some very high hourly rates.

So more and likely your bill will go up especially if the unions unionize directtv techs.

I hope they operate separately but did the merger even get Approved?

I dont know if Direct will continue to operate separately or if they will be merged, but I do know ATT is a union company. Also I know ATT pays a 100% of benefits for their techs(at least in the state I live in) and they draw some very high hourly rates.

So more and likely your bill will go up especially if the unions unionize directtv techs.
Actually it's hopefully gonna be the opposite ... most of the techs here say they get nice discounts on thier services.
I don't expect the two companies to change much of anything as far as how they are being run, just because ATT takes over, doesn't mean they are gonna scrap the way D* have worked over the years.
D* has always contracted out a lot of thier work, I don't expect that to change, I also doubt that the D* side will Unionize because of all the different companies that is takes to make the D* side of things run.

I was really referring to my monthly bill, as in getting a discount.

I'm not sure what your referring to when you say that a 100% of benifits are paid.

I hope they operate separately but did the merger even get Approved?

As for the Merger, no it's not been approved as of yet, waiting on the FCC.

Originally it was mentioned that it would probably take about a year.

Actually it's hopefully gonna be the opposite ... most of the techs here say they get nice discounts on thier services.
I don't expect the two companies to change much of anything as far as how they are being run, just because ATT takes over, doesn't mean they are gonna scrap the way D* have worked over the years.
D* has always contracted out a lot of thier work, I don't expect that to change, I also doubt that the D* side will Unionize because of all the different companies that is takes to make the D* side of things run.

I was really referring to my monthly bill, as in getting a discount.

I'm not sure what your referring to when you say that a 100% of benifits are paid.

the techs here do not have anything deducted out of their pay to pay for health insurance etc...company pays 100% of cost.
now cwa is a contract negotiation year with att in Oklahoma so who knows what will change.
it all depends ATT has completely folded other companies they have acquired back into the company its self.

As for the Merger, no it's not been approved as of yet, waiting on the FCC.
The bigger issue will likely be whether or not AT&T gets an opportunity to exercise its exit clause (NFL ST).

For the FCC's part, they should deliver a ruling by early December.

the techs here do not have anything deducted out of their pay to pay for health insurance etc...company pays 100% of cost.
now cwa is a contract negotiation year with att in Oklahoma so who knows what will change.
it all depends ATT has completely folded other companies they have acquired back into the company its self.
I already pay a percentage of my insurance with att.

That was bargained in either the last contract or the one before that.

I need to get another HR24 owned at least because 7 tuners isn't enough for me for a lot of football recordings.
Either from ebay or classifieds here, btw I have HR44 in living room,HR24 in master bedroom,H24 bedroom and D12 in basement.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)