What HR DVR will work with the Genie?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Okay, I guess I can come off holding for Retentions insisting on them to match your price lol.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!
Yea that should work fine for you just have retention xfer you to iss and tell them convert your account from residential to hsp. See how that works out haha.

Yea that should work fine for you just have retention xfer you to iss and tell them convert your account from residential to hsp. See how that works out haha.
By the way, what does hsp stand for? Retentions says as long as I'm willing to get off my fat a$$ & climb some roofs in the middle of a 96° day & take crap from customers who refuse to take an HR34 instead of a 44, they'll change my account lol.

WTH....so you don't pay a monthly fee for the boxes if you found one on ebay you can activate? And what kind of programming package are you on, locals only? lol I think I've found my D* mentor!

Just to be clear, only because they work for Directv do they get that deal. Most customers pay the monthly $6/box.

Just to be clear, only because they work for Directv do they get that deal. Most customers pay the monthly $6/box.
Thanks, I figured that out from the "tongue in cheek" responses already. And just to be clear to readers of this post, I didn't call Retentions about this, only a dramatized version if I really did :). It would be fun to get a real response from them though for such request to upgrade a regular resident account to a hsp one, I suspect it would be a very short discussion ending with the rep saying "they don't pay me enough for this sh ......" then dial tone.

Reactions: raoul5788
So, do they have a set price per package for you guys, or a set discount % that you get off ?

Maybe if we dont all play nice, ATT may take THAT away .... :eeek

Nope, we're given everything for free. We have everything we just pay for the receivers per month. I only have 3 so my bill is $13.XX a month. We're automatically given the premier and everything so we don't even have to set up anything. It's pretty nice

Nope, we're given everything for free. We have everything we just pay for the receivers per month. I only have 3 so my bill is $13.XX a month. We're automatically given the premier and everything so we don't even have to set up anything. It's pretty nice

Awesome, can't WAIT !

Now if I get an HR - 24 and buy one that is already owned or I buy one myself will directv Extend my contract 2 more years? Or is that only if I buy one Directly with them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you activate a leased unit you will get an additional two year commitment, but not if the unit is owned.

As long as it is understood that none of the DVRs can schedule recordings on any of the other DVRS.

So you can have 1 Genie + other DVRs and get up to 9 tuners (10 with OTA)?

But you can't schedule shows from one DVR on another DVR, is that right?

You can have a virtually unlimited number of tuners depending upon the setup you have.

Practically speaking you're limited to how ever many satellite tuners you have as the OTA tuners (the AM21N features two tuners) do NOT add capacity to record additional channels -- they displace satellite channels. IOW, whether you have an AM21N or not, you can only record five channels on a Genie and two on an HR2x.
Yep. There are mobile options to do this.

Note also that the AM21 will only tune channels that are in DIRECTV's database of local channels. Some markets have quite a few subchannels that aren't listed.

Practically speaking you're limited to how ever many satellite tuners you have as the OTA tuners (the AM21N features two tuners) do NOT add capacity to record additional channels -- they displace satellite channels. IOW, whether you have an AM21N or not, you can only record five channels on a Genie and two on an HR2x.Yep. There are mobile options to do this.

Note also that the AM21 will only tune channels that are in DIRECTV's database of local channels. Some markets have quite a few subchannels that aren't listed.

OK, forget about the OTA channels.

So with a Genie & an HR DVR, I'll get 7 tuners. Can I keep adding DVRs and continually get 2 more tuners with each DVR I add?

Regardless, I still can't schedule (or even access?) programs from one DVR to another, right?

Like I said, the number of tuners is restricted by the type of setup you have. A swm lnb will let you use up to eight tuners. A legacy lnb with a swm multiswitch will allow eight or sixteen depending upon the model of multiswitch you get. Additional swm switches can be added to increase the number of allowable tuners.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts