What is wrong with the Cleveland Indians?

The Tribe also got reliever Randy Newsom in that deal.
He was 5-0 with 24 saves and a 1.75 ERA in Akron this year. After being promoted to Buffalo, he's posted a 1.50 ERA.
He is a 26-year-old career minor leaguer, so who knows if he will ever make it. But this bullpen could use all the help it can get.

Hahaha. I just googled him...hes the guy who sold shares of his future major league earnings. I remember reading about that in the paper awhile ago...

Shoppach is arguably the best backup catcher in baseball.

I hated to see Shoppach leave the Red Sox organization. At one time he was considered their top prospect. In fact, back in the 2001-02 offseason, the Red Sox coveted Brad Radke (who was one of the top AL pitchers at the time), and the Twins were willing to take Kelly straight-up for Radke (who was going to become a free agent after the '02 season).....the Red Sox said no.

General Cliff Lee does it again!

Sunday marked Cliff Lee's 5th complete game of his career. He gave up 2 runs in route to becoming the American League's first 13-game winner. (Tribe wins second in a row against the Mariners 6-2).

Lee's record is now 13-2, with a 2.29 ERA.

A noteworthy stat to be mentioned is that in Lee's 4 no-decisions, he gave up a total of 4 runs! So hypothetically, if the Tribe offense wasn't terrible this year, Lee would have a 17-2 record! Simply amazing story, I tell ya....

Sunday marked Cliff Lee's 5th complete game of his career. He gave up 2 runs in route to becoming the American League's first 13-game winner. (Tribe wins second in a row against the Mariners 6-2).

Lee's record is now 13-2, with a 2.29 ERA.

A noteworthy stat to be mentioned is that in Lee's 4 no-decisions, he gave up a total of 4 runs! So hypothetically, if the Tribe offense wasn't terrible this year, Lee would have a 17-2 record! Simply amazing story, I tell ya....

How can a teams that is loaded with offense one year , without making major changes to it, be Soooo bad the next ?

Yes, I'm talking about the Indians, when you find the answer, please send it to Detroit !

Jimbo

How can a teams that is loaded with offense one year , without making major changes to it, be Soooo bad the next ?

Yes, I'm talking about the Indians, when you find the answer, please send it to Detroit !

Jimbo

Our #3 and #4 hitters have been on the DL the majority of the season. That is a big reason. The rest of the hitters that have disappointed so far, either overachieved a year ago or underachieved so far this year.....

Our #3 and #4 hitters have been on the DL the majority of the season. That is a big reason. The rest of the hitters that have disappointed so far, either overachieved a year ago or underachieved so far this year.....

Sheffield (3) just got back as did Ordonez(4), but I think the Tigers have other issues as well.
Like a SS that can't hit this year, or play the field very well anymore,I thought they just moved a guy in that position (Guillen) at least Guillen can hit and play OTER positions too.

Jimbo

Our #2 Pitcher is Back!

Fausto Carmona (debatable #1 now that Sabathia is gone), is expected to join the Indians tonight in Anaheim, where the Indians open a 3-game series against the Halo's. He'll throw a bullpen session and will probably start this weekend against the Twins when the Tribe returns home.

Another win last night :) If only they could've gone 5-5 on that road trip before the break!!!!

Another win last night :) If only they could've gone 5-5 on that road trip before the break!!!!

Yup! Against the red hot Angles too on the road. Impressive! (Careful what you wish for KCK Halo!)

Make that the 7th win in the last 8 games for the Tribe! Before that of course, we went on that epic losing streak of 10 straight.

Of course when the pressures off, this team is playing great again! Go figure! :rolleyes:

Yup! Against the red hot Angles too on the road. Impressive! (Careful what you wish for KCK Halo!)

I know...and I really expected it to happen. I'm not upset either because you know I care for this Tribe team, too. Even T Hunter expected it. He said in the papers this A.M. he had seen it many times with the Twins. The Yankees and Sox would come in and fill the Dome for a week then The Royals would come in and 10,000 people would show up and the team tanked. He quickly noted the big difference here is that the Angels pull in at lesast 35,000 fans a night no matter who is playing, so that part is no excuse.

I actually feel better in a way this morning. Now they can get back down to earth and realize what is really going on and just play ball.

And I have to tell you...going to the Stadium and seeing the Tribe and NOT seeing Big Ol' Pronk leaves you feeling somewhat empty or unfulfilled. He has been such a presence on that team. I miss him.

And I have to tell you...going to the Stadium and seeing the Tribe and NOT seeing Big Ol' Pronk leaves you feeling somewhat empty or unfulfilled. He has been such a presence on that team. I miss him.

Me too. No sign of Pronk or Vic coming back anytime soon though. In the new lineup shuffle, Peralta has surprisingly stepped up in the clean-up spot recently. Go figure.

Tonight will feature probably the last start for recently called up Matt Ginter vs. Jared Weaver (hey, we just signed his brother!). Ginter is expected to go back down to the minors and Fausto Carmona is scheduled to take his spot in the rotation and make his 1st return start on Saturday.

I wonder if Sabres is taking this opportunity to watch the Tribe while on his visit to Cali? I know he's been debating on whether or not to jump on the fan-wagon for this team for a while now.

There is a great photo on the front page of the LA Times Sports Section today. It shows an excited Grady high-fiving Casey after Blake hit the 2R HR in the 5th last night. It's great to see that Grady can still be fired up and happy even though the season has tanked.

There is a great photo on the front page of the LA Times Sports Section today. It shows an excited Grady high-fiving Casey after Blake hit the 2R HR in the 5th last night. It's great to see that Grady can still be fired up and happy even though the season has tanked.

Let me tell you one thing about Grady....

He plays with emotion on EVERY single play in EVERY single inning in EVERY single game, no mater what the stakes are! He's one of few remaining rare breeds that always seems to be playing 110% and with much enthusiasm. He often says in interviews that he still can't believe that he's getting paid to play a kids game and considers himself lucky to be so fortunate. It's the Sizemore types that keeps Cleveland fans interested despite being out of contention this year.

BTW, here's a photo capturing that 2 run homer by Blake. (I really hope we try to find a way to keep him this year and beyond)....

41148938.jpg

Fausto Carmona (debatable #1 now that Sabathia is gone), is expected to join the Indians tonight in Anaheim, where the Indians open a 3-game series against the Halo's. He'll throw a bullpen session and will probably start this weekend against the Twins when the Tribe returns home.

Carmona's scheduled to start Saturday !

Your Indians will get it all together, just in time to beat up on the Tigers, I can see it coming now !

Jimbo

Carmona's scheduled to start Saturday !

Your Indians will get it all together, just in time to beat up on the Tigers, I can see it coming now !

Jimbo

Our next series against the Tigers will only be a two game series, next Tuesday and Wednesday. I'd imagine that would be too short of rest for you to face Carmona though. Consider yourselves lucky. Carmona's stuff was wicked before going on the DL after injuring his hip while covering first base. Hopefully he'll come back just as strong as he began.

As for us "getting it together", it will be fun playing spoiler the rest of the year! ;):D

Our next series against the Tigers will only be a two game series, next Tuesday and Wednesday. I'd imagine that would be too short of rest for you to face Carmona though. Consider yourselves lucky. Carmona's stuff was wicked before going on the DL after injuring his hip while covering first base. Hopefully he'll come back just as strong as he began.

As for us "getting it together", it will be fun playing spoiler the rest of the year! ;):D

Correction, It's a 4 game set starting Monday July 28th - July 31st.
With 4 days rest, Carmona will probably pitch the last game on Thursday.

Jimbo

okay I know I might catch alot of grief here, but I think if they really put it together, playoffs arent totally out just yet...also I would think if we put it together Pronk might come back faster, I think they are just really taking their time with him...Also isnt Vic running in the outfield now? if that is the case I would assume a couple more weeks and he will be back.

Correction, It's a 4 game set starting Monday July 28th - July 31st.
With 4 days rest, Carmona will probably pitch the last game on Thursday.

Jimbo

Woops! You're right Jimbo! I can't believe it's the end of July already! (I was looking at the earlier part of this months schedule). Where has this month and summer gone?! :D

Where has this month and summer gone?! :D

It's incredible. I have lived in L.A. for 20 years now and have almost TOTALLY lost all recognition of the seasons (except when it rains in Winter). I heard an interview last night with one of the Rangers and he was talking about The Dog Days fast approaching. Initially I thought..."Wait! Dogs Days??? We haven't had the 4th of July yet." Then i realized it was in fact LATE July already.

Time is flying...weather is like Ground Hog Day (but sunny and warm thank you!)...and soon it will be the World Series. YIKES!!!!!!:eek:

It's incredible. I have lived in L.A. for 20 years now and have almost TOTALLY lost all recognition of the seasons (except when it rains in Winter). I heard an interview last night with one of the Rangers and he was talking about The Dog Days fast approaching. Initially I thought..."Wait! Dogs Days??? We haven't had the 4th of July yet." Then i realized it was in fact LATE July already.

Time is flying...weather is like Ground Hog Day (but sunny and warm thank you!)...and soon it will be the World Series. YIKES!!!!!!:eek:

Where'd you live prior to L.A., Halo? I know Cleveland has some crappy weather and long winters, but I just can't imagine not experiencing the changing of seasons. I think I appreciate summer more since it only comes around once a year. Also, I just can't imagine football season and Thanksgiving without leaves changing and cooler nights. At the same time, I can't imagine Christmas and the winters without snow. With all that said, no offense, but I think I'd get sick of all that "sun".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)