What is wrong with the Cleveland Indians?

Well, there you have it. An "angry black man" who hit over 375 home runs in 12 years. Who knows what could have happened had Belle’s career not been hampered by a hip injury and the occasional off-field issues.

And who knows how many home runs he would have hit if he didn't take steroids. ;) :rolleyes:

Sandra

An "angry black man" who hit over 375 home runs in 12 years. Who knows what could have happened had Belle’s career not been hampered by a hip injury and the occasional off-field issues.

IMO, going to the Orioles was a terrible decision.

Had he stayed with Cleveland or Chicago, things may have gone better.

Tribe wins 3 straight. They've even managed to climb out of the AL Central cellar. What is "wrong" with the Cleveland Indians? Looks like the makings for another second half meaningless surge.

WE'RE GOING STREAKING!!!!!!!

Make that FOUR straight wins and 5 of the last 6! In just the last 3 games, the Tribe offense has scored THIRTY-ONE RUNS!!!! :eek: Where has this offense been all season?!

Either way, look out KCK. (Tribe heads to Cali for 3 games against the Big A). We may only have our pride to play for and this series isn't as meaningful as I once hoped, but these Wahoo's are RED hot! Fortunately for you though, the Big A won't have to face Cliff Lee as he just pitched yesterday.

Make it 5 in a row!!! :) What a 9th inning comeback by the Tribe! I wonder if I'm the only one in Cleveland who actually stayed up and saw it. :)

Make it 5 in a row!!! :) What a 9th inning comeback by the Tribe! I wonder if I'm the only one in Cleveland who actually stayed up and saw it. :)

Longest win streak of the year! 39 runs in the last 4 games! Woah! I dozed off in the 7th inning, but good for you in staying up. You're a trooper!

In related news, the latest Indians transaction involved Ryan Garko. He was sent back to his native land of California to play for the SF Giants. In return the Indians received a Single A Pitching prospect. For the season, we've now traded Mark DeRosa, Rafael Betancourt and now Ryan Garko. In his place, Andy Marte is expected to be called up. Marte has been tearing it up in AAA Columbus, batting .330 with 18 HR’s and 66 RBI’s. I'm hoping Matt LaPorta get's to come up soon too.

Longest win streak of the year! 39 runs in the last 4 games! Woah! I dozed off in the 7th inning, but good for you in staying up. You're a trooper!

In related news, the latest Indians transaction involved Ryan Garko. He was sent back to his native land of California to play for the SF Giants. In return the Indians received a Single A Pitching prospect. For the season, we've now traded Mark DeRosa, Rafael Betancourt and now Ryan Garko. In his place, Andy Marte is expected to be called up. Marte has been tearing it up in AAA Columbus, batting .330 with 18 HR’s and 66 RBI’s. I'm hoping Matt LaPorta get's to come up soon too.

I'm very excited to see Marte again. He was a top notch prospect just a few years back. Maybe he just took a little longer to reach his full potential.

Donate Your Tickets Today!

In taking in consideration of recent events (trades of Lee, Garko, DeRosa, Francisco, Betancourt, along with Sabathia and Blake from last year), it will be difficult to find it in ourselves to attend or contribute to the cost cutting efforts that are taking place in our franchise right now. It's clear ownership doesn't have interest in competing and would rather make moves to lighten their wallet. As long as the Dolan's own this team, we won't be able to legitamitely compete as long as their isn't a salary cap.

With that said, I am offering you an option to give away these unused tickets. My company for one has season tickets and it is more difficult to give away tickets as each day goes by. Some goes to waste. I have a solution.....

Donate your unused tickets to a great organization called "MVK" (most valuable kids). It's an organization that gives kids in Cleveland the chance to see a sporting event, concert or play that they might not normally have the chance to go.

Given the current economy, it's a great way for people to contribute and do something good without spending a dime. Instead of letting the tix go to waste, you can call the organization and they'll give them to a less fortunate child (plus chaperone) who can't afford to go and would appreciate the opportunity to experience a ballgame for the first time. It's incredibly easy and the kids will love it!

Check out their website or give them a call at 216.556.5933...

MostValuableKids.org

My answer is more specific. They keep trading away their players 2 CY pitchers and a below average 1B man.

.......with salary slashing savings at the heart of each trade. Dolan doesn't want to pay our stars in the their prime, so we dump them. There wasn't any strategy behind these trades. It was simply a money move.

You think I'm pissed today? Just you wait till they trade Victor....

.......with salary slashing savings at the heart of each trade. Dolan doesn't want to pay our stars in the their prime, so we dump them. There wasn't any strategy behind these trades. It was simply a money move.

You think I'm pissed today? Just you wait till they trade Victor....
At least they are not as bad as the Pirates.

Does anyone have a shoulder for me to cry on? The more I read of this trade, the more I'm getting ready to ball my eyes out! :rant:

The trade is an absolute disgrace because Lee is signed for next year. :( I'm still pretty shocked.

Bright side: Everybody was LIVID when we traded Colon and that trade turned out to be great.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)