What is wrong with the Cleveland Indians?

Here's a couple of goofy stats for ya.

With tonight's win the Indians are now 39-53 and:

1. Have OUTSCORED their opponents 413-412.
and
2. Still have the fewest errors in baseball this year (41).

Texas, who's currently 49-45, has 82 errors (most in MLB) and a 5.04 ERA (highest in the AL).

Last edited:
Gadzooks!! Two nights in a row against the Rays. Who wudda thunk it.

Even better...the pitching now has 15 scoreless innings. :)

Certainly a case of a little too little too late...but it sure was a fun game to watch.

Plus, Cliff Lee picks up another win! He threw six shutout innings on his way to a 5-0 win. His record is now 12-2 with a 2.31 ERA.

If only the Rays had come to town sooner! ;)

Plus, Cliff Lee picks up another win! He threw six shutout innings on his way to a 5-0 win. His record is now 12-2 with a 2.31 ERA.

If only the Rays had come to town sooner! ;)

Funny you mention Cliff Lee. What do you think his chances are on getting this year's Cy Young? Team record aside, his stats seem to indicate a pretty good shot IMO.

Tribe wins again: 8-4 against the Rays! They're going for the 4 game sweep of the 1st place and best team in the AL, Tampa Bay Rays today at 1pm! Last nights game marked the 12 consecutive time that the Rays have lost at Jacob's Field!

Grady Sizemore also hit an AL leading 23rd HR last night.

The great thing though, was that 35,706 fans still managed to pack in Jacob's Field to root on their last place home team!

Hey, Hey, Hey, Hey........ GO TRIBE!!!!

Not to get TOO optimistic, but the season is only half way over. If (big IF!) the Tribe can remain consistent with the hitting, there certainly still is a chance of things turning around.

No matter what, Sabathia leaving was going to happen. And IMO that certainly did not help things with keeping him around. Rather curious to see if the current lineup can gel.

Tribe wins again: 8-4 against the Rays! They're going for the 4 game sweep of the 1st place and best team in the AL, Tampa Bay Rays today at 1pm! Last nights game marked the 12 consecutive time that the Rays have lost at Jacob's Field!

Grady Sizemore also hit an AL leading 23rd HR last night.

The great thing though, was that 35,706 fans still managed to pack in Jacob's Field to root on their last place home team!

Hey, Hey, Hey, Hey........ GO TRIBE!!!!

I told you a month or so ago to not get to down on them, they went on a nice streak before the ASG break, that will give them confidence to start the second half.

The Tigers finally beat the Twins and also gain a game in the standing, so Tigers fans are not in a bad mood for the next week till we play again.

Hopefully the Tigers can get some injured back after the break.

If the Tribe continue to play well to start the 2nd halk, this could be huge for them.

Jimbo

HDMM,
Did you happen to see that CC. hit another Home Run today ??

Jimbo

I did hear that. Jimbo, I told you Sabathia was actually a really good hitter. ;) I bet he's loving it in the NL. IMO, his hitting skills makes his value even more attractive for an NL team when he's a free agent at the end of the year. I wonder if the Cubs would be interested? Can you imagine a Sabathia/Santana combo?!

Tribe Completes the 4 Game Sweep of Rays!

So let me get this straight, in the past 2 weeks we've traded our Ace, lost 10 games in a row, then we go onto sweep the best team in the AL!? July's sure starting off rather crazy.

In this 4-game series, our offense caught fire. Ben Francisco’s stat line for the series- 9 for 15 (.600!) with 3 doubles, a homer, 6 RBI, and 3 walks. Jhonny Peralta's line- 7 for 15 (.467) with 2 doubles, 2 homers and 7 RBI. Meanwhile, the TEAM hit .338 and scored 31 runs in the 4 game series. Hopefully the extended break won't cool them off.

While I'm looking for the team to at least be competitive in the second half, I am a realist and don't see any way we could erase a 13-game deficit. What we do need to do is experiment with our younger guys and give them experience for next year and we also need to right our bullpen.

So let me get this straight, in the past 2 weeks we've traded our Ace, lost 10 games in a row, then we go onto sweep the best team in the AL!? July's sure starting off rather crazy.

In this 4-game series, our offense caught fire. Ben Francisco’s stat line for the series- 9 for 15 (.600!) with 3 doubles, a homer, 6 RBI, and 3 walks. Jhonny Peralta's line- 7 for 15 (.467) with 2 doubles, 2 homers and 7 RBI. Meanwhile, the TEAM hit .338 and scored 31 runs in the 4 game series. Hopefully the extended break won't cool them off.

While I'm looking for the team to at least be competitive in the second half, I am a realist and don't see any way we could erase a 13-game deficit. What we do need to do is experiment with our younger guys and give them experience for next year and we also need to right our bullpen.

This is what sorta happened when the Tigers went to play the NL, they caught fire, hit well, pitched well, then I wondered, are the Tigers turning it around or is it just the NL ....

I think it turned out to be a little bit of both.

Come on Cleveland ... they can right thier ship, they play the Tigers after the All Star break.
They always play Detroit tough, I hope Cleveland gets back into it, but not at the expense of the Tigers.

Jimbo

Fausto Carmona made his first rehab start for the Single A affiliate, Lake County Captains last night. He threw 4 innings, surrendered only 1 hit and 0 ER, while striking out 3. All seemed to go well and he appeared pain free after the start.

Fausto Carmona made his first rehab start for the Single A affiliate, Lake County Captains last night. He threw 4 innings, surrendered only 1 hit and 0 ER, while striking out 3. All seemed to go well and he appeared pain free after the start.
This is good news ,
Keep in mind, the numbers mean nothing, they are just trying to get the arm streched out some, so if you hear volocity is down or something like that, I would not worry about it.

Jimbo

This is good news ,
Keep in mind, the numbers mean nothing, they are just trying to get the arm streched out some, so if you hear volocity is down or something like that, I would not worry about it.

Jimbo

Well, it was reported that he was throwing in the mid to upper 90's. So, if his velocity is down, I feel sorry for the batters he will be facing soon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)