What is wrong with the Cleveland Indians?

For those of you in this forum that have D*, the MLB EI is free this week, 17-23 I think it was, I have a post in the D* forum, thought you guy's might be interested...

I didn't want to make a separate thread here because not everyone here has D*.

Jimbo

For those of you in this forum that have D*, the MLB EI is free this week, 17-23 I think it was, I have a post in the D* forum, thought you guy's might be interested...

Jimbo

Thanks. I have D* and will have to check it out. What channels can I find the MLB EI on?

Jimbo

Man i wish Dish carried EI and Sunday ticket....It'd be great to follow my fantasy teams.

Man i wish Dish carried EI and Sunday ticket....It'd be great to follow my fantasy teams.

DISH use to carry the MLB EI package and still can if they decided to ante up.
The last several years they have decided that they don't want to pay for it, so thier subs suffer.
As for the NFL, that won't happen until the time when the NFL decides they want it open to all... of course that too was decided many years ago when no one else was interested outside of satellite.
It was avaialbe on C- Band and then D* , when time came for decideing if they wanted it, it was still a new idea and others did not want to take a chance, so not many got in, now they can only wish they had.

Jimbo

I'm suprised the NFL doesn't want all carriers to have access to it...it seems like they'd make more money.

I'm suprised the NFL doesn't want all carriers to have access to it...it seems like they'd make more money.

I think that at the time, D* said, if you want us and we have to pay x amount of dollars, we want exclusivity, and it was granted.

Remember D* was NOT the first to have ST, C-Band has had it since the beginning.
I do not know if it's still availble on C-Band or not, I do know they use to shut down the PPV Movie channels to put the ST up back in the day.

Jimbo

Indians start the 2nd half of their season tonight for a 3-game series @ Seattle.

Second baseman, Asdrubal Cabrera will be back with the team to open the second half. He spent 34 games in the minor leagues to work on his swing during the first half. His defense has always been astute. Like Omar Vizquel, Cabrera is also from Venezuela and a natural short-stop.

For the second half, I'd like to see Cabrera take over at short and move Jhonny Peralta to 3rd to split time with Andy Marte. Move Casey Blake to first. Him and Ryan Garko can swap that position and the other can DH. Jamey Carrol can stay at second until Barfield gets back. Even then, it's Carrol's position to lose. He's stepped up well in the injuries and always plays his heart out.

Go Tribe. Let's make this second half worth while!

Indians start the 2nd half of their season tonight for a 3-game series @ Seattle.

Second baseman, Asdrubal Cabrera will be back with the team to open the second half. He spent 34 games in the minor leagues to work on his swing during the first half. His defense has always been astute. Like Omar Vizquel, Cabrera is also from Venezuela and a natural short-stop.

For the second half, I'd like to see Cabrera take over at short and move Jhonny Peralta to 3rd to split time with Andy Marte. Move Casey Blake to first. Him and Ryan Garko can swap that position and the other can DH. Jamey Carrol can stay at second until Barfield gets back. Even then, it's Carrol's position to lose. He's stepped up well in the injuries and always plays his heart out.

Go Tribe. Let's make this second half worth while!

HD MM,
Just curious, how has Marte looked this year? A couple of years ago they were saying the sky's the limit for this kid.

HD MM,
Just curious, how has Marte looked this year? A couple of years ago they were saying the sky's the limit for this kid.

The thing with Marte is that he's never played enough games to actually judge him. The games he has played, he hasn't exactly lit it up. Plus he is a below average fielder, so management is taking there time in brining him up. With the season lost this year though, I do expect them to finally give the kid a shot on a consistent basis to make a better analysis on him.

The thing with Marte is that he's never played enough games to actually judge him. The games he has played, he hasn't exactly lit it up. Plus he is a below average fielder, so management is taking there time in brining him up. With the season lost this year though, I do expect them to finally give the kid a shot on a consistent basis to make a better analysis on him.

I sure hope they do. I'd like to see him start for the rest of the season to see whether he sinks or swims...

In 24 games for the Braves in 2005, Marte hit .140 with 0 HR and 4 RBI.
Marte started the last two months of 2006. He hit .226 with 5 HR and 23 RBIs.
He started most of the first month of 2007 and hit .193 with 1 HR and 8 RBIs for the year.
He's been playing mostly every day lately, and he's gotten hot to raise his average to .177.

And he was never a prospect for his defense either.

I suppose he will start the rest of this season since the Tribe's going nowhere. And if he puts up the same numbers he has so far in his big-league career, this experiment will be over.

The trade he come over in was still worth it, no matter how Marte pans out.
Kelly Shoppach has been more valuable to Cleveland than Coco Crisp would've been.

I

The trade he come over in was still worth it, no matter how Marte pans out.
Kelly Shoppach has been more valuable to Cleveland than Coco Crisp would've been.

I disagree with you there. I would love to see Coco patrolling LF in a tribe uniform. He was a quality player during his time in Cleveland.

Seeing Peralta's range at short makes me cringe when thinking off him at the hot corner. That's not going to happen I don't believe.

I'd like to see Blake traded (then resigned after the season).

I'd also like to see Peralta dealt, but I don't think that's going to happen. For whatever reason, Peralta has hit very well in the 4th hole lately, and as pathetic as this offense has been they may be scared to deal Peralta.
And while he does have awful range at short, his overall defense has improved.

Jamey Carroll does play his heart out and is a very valuable asset, but he's not an every day starter - especially for an AL team.
If they are going to give Marte the chance to prove himself the rest of the season, they owe it to Cabrera, Garko and Gutierrez to do the same for them - if Blake is traded.

Seeing Peralta's range at short makes me cringe when thinking off him at the hot corner. That's not going to happen I don't believe.

I'd like to see Blake traded (then resigned after the season).

I'd also like to see Peralta dealt, but I don't think that's going to happen. For whatever reason, Peralta has hit very well in the 4th hole lately, and as pathetic as this offense has been they may be scared to deal Peralta.
And while he does have awful range at short, his overall defense has improved.

Jamey Carroll does play his heart out and is a very valuable asset, but he's not an every day starter - especially for an AL team.
If they are going to give Marte the chance to prove himself the rest of the season, they owe it to Cabrera, Garko and Gutierrez to do the same for them - if Blake is traded.

I think Peralta would be better suited for 3B as it is a position that doesn't require as much range. Having said that, I wish they could trade him....I've never really been impressed with his abilities.

I would also like to see Blake traded. He is having a career year and they may actually be able to get a little something in return. I do not want the Tribe to resign him in the offseason, though....hes going to demand 6-7mil for 3-4 years. For me, its not worth it. He's a decent player and seems like a good guy, but he can't hit in the clutch (except for this seasons anomoly) and he's 35 years old.

I agree with you about Carroll.....i don't think hes the answer at 2B (Josh Barfield hopefully is), but hes a good utility player.

As for Guitirrez and Garko......I have no idea what to do with them.....huge disappointments.

I disagree with you there. I would love to see Coco patrolling LF in a tribe uniform. He was a quality player during his time in Cleveland.

Cleveland has plenty of outfielders. Too many (Delucci) really.
Shoppach is arguably the best backup catcher in baseball.

The Tribe also got reliever Randy Newsom in that deal.
He was 5-0 with 24 saves and a 1.75 ERA in Akron this year. After being promoted to Buffalo, he's posted a 1.50 ERA.
He is a 26-year-old career minor leaguer, so who knows if he will ever make it. But this bullpen could use all the help it can get.

.....i don't think hes the answer at 2B (Josh Barfield hopefully is)

Oh, I hope so. I really like that kid and he was so promising down in San Diego. I hope he gets another crack at it once his bizarre injury has healed.