What is your current phone?

HTC evo 3d running on Boostmobile. $50 a month unlimited talk ,text and 3g with shrinkage. Yeah, i gotta wait five more seconds for the YouTube video to load versus my kids 4G service with t-mobile.:D

Still plenty of love for my HTC EVO. The employer issued me a Blackberry Bold back in December...and I absolutely hate it (first BB device). I only use it for phone calls if I'm running low on minutes.

Sent from my HTC EVO using SatelliteGuys App

Yep me either, Have not found a phone that would make me want to replace my EVO. running MikG runs rock solid no issues at all.

Now if that new Nokia phone with a 41 megapixel camera would have ran Android unstood of symbian, I might have thought about a switch.

Motorola triumph on virgin mobile. Rooted.
Gave up aye tee and tee since they throttled my unlimited data to unusable speeds. 24k according to speednet test.
No more contract post pay plans ever again.

Yep me either, Have not found a phone that would make me want to replace my EVO. running MikG runs rock solid no issues at all.

Now if that new Nokia phone with a 41 megapixel camera would have ran Android unstood of symbian, I might have thought about a switch.

Which phone is that? Nokia has more or less switched completely over to Windows 7.

In the past month or so I have gotten my wife and I both a Galaxy Note N-7000 International model and put them both on Straight Talk BYOD. Goodbye AT&T and your inflated-assed prices! Its her first Android powered phone and she loves it. She was a Blackberry girl, now she can't put the big, gorgeous Note down....:D

In the past month or so I have gotten my wife and I both a Galaxy Note N-7000 International model and put them both on Straight Talk BYOD. Goodbye AT&T and your inflated-assed prices! Its her first Android powered phone and she loves it. She was a Blackberry girl, now she can't put the big, gorgeous Note down....:D

How does this straight talk work? Hows the internet speed? Call sound? Etc. Etc.

Sent Using My Galaxy Note

How does this straight talk work? Hows the internet speed? Call sound? Etc. Etc.

Sent Using My Galaxy Note

I can't tell the difference between AT&T and ST. Same Nationwide coverage, same HSPA 3g, Haven't done a speed test because its been good enough. But then I ain't exactly a power user, either. FB and weather, and maybe email a few times a day and I am good. Power users wouldn't like ST because they will boot you and take your number if you go over 2gb/mo.

As far as how it works, you get a SIM from the ST website for about 15 bucks or so, go to walmart and get a 45.00 card, contact ST to get ported over or activated with a new number or whatever. You can sign up for auto pay, or you can buy a card every month and add it online or on your phone. We went from 150.00/mo for two phones/ 2gb data each/ 700 min/ Unlimited text/ shared to 90/mo two phones unlimited talk text 2gb each. Only catch is you have to pay for the phones up front. If you can live with a cheaper phone this can be a REAL deal to get someone into a smartphone a lot cheaper than any postpaid.

Oh, and isheep people wont have MMS unless they jailbreak and unlock and say a novena to Steve Jobs' brilliance. Android you just enter the APN info and off you go. ST gives you a card with all the APN info on it and instructions when you buy the SIM. :D

Last edited:
Oh, and isheep people wont have MMS unless they jailbreak and unlock and say a novena to Steve Jobs' brilliance. Android you just enter the APN info and off you go. ST gives you a card with all the APN info on it and instructions when you buy the SIM. :D

You have to jailbreak and unlock the device or just unlock it?

You have to jailbreak and unlock the device or just unlock it?

Jailbreak for sure, I am not at all familiar with the way Apple does things. SIM unlocking isn't necessary, if that's what you are asking. I saw on HoFo the hoops people had to jump through to use it, but don't know how its actually done, android is so much easier...LOL

Jailbreak for sure, I am not at all familiar with the way Apple does things. SIM unlocking isn't necessary, if that's what you are asking. I saw on HoFo the hoops people had to jump through to use it, but don't know how its actually done, android is so much easier...LOL

You would have to have to have the phone unlocked in order to use it on Straight Talk so that part is necessary. So my question was if the jailbreak was the only way to get MMS.

You would have to have to have the phone unlocked in order to use it on Straight Talk so that part is necessary. So my question was if the jailbreak was the only way to get MMS.

Nope. ST can use a SIM locked AT&T iphone. Or any AT&T smartphone, for that matter. Does NOT have to be SIM unlocked. As long as its AT&T and you get the ST AT&T SIM. The BYOD plan offers the choice of an AT&T SIM or a Tmobile SIM. Same coverage, just choose the SIM for the phone you have.

I have the 1st version of the Samsung Galaxy S. I am not like most of my friends that absolutely need the latest and greatest. I have been happy with it and it's in decent condition considering I have not covers and screen protectors on it.

Blackberry Curve, which I finally can take no longer. Preordered the EVO LTE and it should ship any day now.

Picked up a Evo 4G LTE yesterday and LOVE IT. Android 4.03, Sense 4.0, 16GB memory (2 for apps, 10 as an internal sdcard). It also takes my 32G SDcard.

1.5Ghz Dual Core.

NICE.