What made you choose the format you did

I bought an HD-DVD because I didn't think I could afford a blu-ray for quite a while. About three months later I found an open box bluray for $99. At the time with combo player prices falling I really thought neither format would win and it would be a +- type market.

My main disappointment with blu-ray winning is I think my hd-dvd player is a lot nicer than the samsung but perhaps the toshiba blu-ray players will be as good.

I bought an HD-DVD because I didn't think I could afford a blu-ray for quite a while. About three months later I found an open box bluray for $99. At the time with combo player prices falling I really thought neither format would win and it would be a +- type market.

My main disappointment with blu-ray winning is I think my hd-dvd player is a lot nicer than the samsung but perhaps the toshiba blu-ray players will be as good.

From what I've read the Samsung stand-alones have not been well-received. When you get around to buying another one, the PS3 is a good option, and I've also heard good things about the Panasonics.

i think tahta lot of us were turned off by the excesses of one side or the other---if not both. But if this shows anything it shows how little effect posts on an internet message board have on a format war and how we shoudl not base our decisions on which product to buy on our opinion of the supporters.

My choice was easy, and was really made for me by two factors:

1) Disney Blu-Ray exclusivity. I have kids, and most of the movies I buy are Disney titles.
2) Free Sharp Blu-Ray player with the purchase of a Sharp LCD HDTV 46" or larger back in January. 'Nuff said. :D

I purchased the 360 add on and took a shot.

I became worried as the studios dug in their heels and backed BD. Disney was a huge disappointment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts