Neutral? What did you own first?

WHich format did you own first

• Hd DVD

Votes: 36 66.7%
  • Blu-ray

Votes: 18 33.3%

• Total voters
I bought an A2 about 6 -8 months ago when there was a pricing error on Cruchfields one Sunday that I read about on another board. It lasted about 2 hr. and was corrected but they honered it and at the time it was a GREAT deal.

The Saturday after Thanksging I bought a PS3 at walmart on their Sat AM onl line anounced special where there were 15 BR disks bundled with the 80GB PS3. 10 you waled out the door with and the other 5 were from the mail in offer.

It appears that some didn't respect the pollster's request and therefore the ratio is flawed data.

I recall doing polls in the past with an on your honor request like this and many became offended because they got left out.

Here's a suggestion, since you have, I recall, 10 question limits. You could have included additional questions such as " I only own the HD DVD. I only own the BluRay player. I own a combo BluRay and HD DVD player in addition to the two questions reference which came first for those who own both only. It would bring your question count to 5 and you'd get a more accurate result for your two intended questions, eliminating those who want to vote but don't qualify for your purpose but vote anyway. Of course, you still have, as do all polls, to deal with liars. :(

It appears that some didn't respect the pollster's request and therefore the ratio is flawed data.

I recall doing polls in the past with an on your honor request like this and many became offended because they got left out.

Here's a suggestion, since you have, I recall, 10 question limits. You could have included additional questions such as " I only own the HD DVD. I only own the BluRay player. I own a combo BluRay and HD DVD player in addition to the two questions reference which came first for those who own both only. It would bring your question count to 5 and you'd get a more accurate result for your two intended questions, eliminating those who want to vote but don't qualify for your purpose but vote anyway. Of course, you still have, as do all polls, to deal with liars. :(
I agree entirely! But with all polls make sure your title says what you really mean.Because not everyone cares about your reason for buying it.

Hemi- I saw nothing wrong with the title. However, when anyone answers polls they should read the instructions. Titles are not instructions. The SOP for these forum thread / Polls is that the specific instructions are posted in the first post. The OP did that. My suggestion should not have been necessary but experience dictates a pollster do the best thing to avoid poll responder mistakes. Thanks for your understanding. I would like to see the results too but now I am uncertain of the contamination level in the count. That is too bad.

I bought the 360 AO around the time that it came out. It was a deal that couldn't be beat, at the time.

On December 25th I'll be playing with my new notebook PC w/BDD. The cost to upgrade to BDD, when spec'ing out this new machine, was relatively minimal.

If there's a common theme to my purchases, it's that I'm looking for the best bang for my buck.

I could care less who *wins* the format fiasco, and am only interested in enjoying HDM. I only wish the catalog title availability from both formats would be better.

Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if both failed to procure adoption from the masses (read, J6P)... Whatever the outcome, it will be a relief when I no longer have to wade through pages and pages of BD/HD DVD garbage rhetoric posts in various forums, just to find something useful. Present forum excluded, of course :D

Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if both failed to procure adoption from the masses (read, J6P)... Whatever the outcome, it will be a relief when I no longer have to wade through pages and pages of BD/HD DVD garbage rhetoric posts in various forums, just to find something useful. Present forum excluded, of course :D
The most useful info is usually in the format specific forum.

The most useful info is usually in the format specific forum.
Thanks and, sorry for venting in your thread :eek:

I realize that this is the "War Zone"... I think I may have spent a little too much time on a different forum today, where they're spewing nothing but juvenile crap at each other.

I'm off to check out the format specific forums here!

I first got the 360 add on HD DVD early last year. And bought for my wife and I as a Christmas gift the Panasonic BD30K blu ray DVD .
My Wife loves the Pirates of the Carribiean movies so wanted to get her those in high def

Based on the results (they may be a bit off) it looks like almost twice as many people had HD DVD first then got Blu-ray. Could this be the result of having less faith in the format? It also could be that HD DVD was out first and by getting Blu-ray your not constrained by movie choices.

Got a PS3 first as it did BR movies and games. I liked the movies in 1080P so I got the HD as well so I see movies in either HD format. At my age if I wait for the format war to end I may not be around.

In my case HD-DVD was first since I could get a play for $350 while BD was $1K at the time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts