You shouldn't own both formats!

Do be on the safe side buy the PS3. At least you can play video games on it in case BD goes down.

Er, Besides Drakes, What games?:p

Ratchet and Clank is excellent and Heavenly Sword is a very solid good-looking title, many people are enjoying Warhawk for online skirmishes, and Resistance Fall of Man is a pretty damn fine FPS (only reason I didn't get it is I've got my plate full w/ Halo, GoW, etc on the 360. I'll probably get it later when the price is reduced.). Plus, there are some fine download titles like Everyday Shooter and Locoroco. I've only had my PS3 for a few weeks and I feel I'm getting plenty of use out of it...especially considering its Bluray/HD focus. My PSP can even be used using Remote Play to watch video and music over the network streamed from the PS3, and now they added PS1 remote gameplay--nice.

And when Home and Little Big Planet launch in '08, the system is going to turn even more heads. I love my 360, and now I love my PS3, too. Solid multi-purpose machine and the software is getting better and better.

Ratchet and Clank is excellent and Heavenly Sword is a very solid good-looking title, many people are enjoying Warhawk for online skirmishes, and Resistance Fall of Man is a pretty damn fine FPS (only reason I didn't get it is I've got my plate full w/ Halo, GoW, etc on the 360. I'll probably get it later when the price is reduced.). Plus, there are some fine download titles like Everyday Shooter and Locoroco. I've only had my PS3 for a few weeks and I feel I'm getting plenty of use out of it...especially considering its Bluray/HD focus. My PSP can even be used using Remote Play to watch video and music over the network streamed from the PS3, and now they added PS1 remote gameplay--nice.

And when Home and Little Big Planet launch in '08, the system is going to turn even more heads. I love my 360, and now I love my PS3, too. Solid multi-purpose machine and the software is getting better and better.

Your fortunate though first year of PS3 was a nightmare for games. Just ports mainly. I will be curious if this is a blip or if they can keep solid titles coming. :D

Your fortunate though first year of PS3 was a nightmare for games. Just ports mainly. I will be curious if this is a blip or if they can keep solid titles coming. :D

Yeah, I knew the first year was going to be a bit of a drought...its just too damn expensive and complicated to develop for these new next-gen consoles and the Playstation platform always seems to demand more of the developers than the competition. But w/ marquee title exclusives like Metal Gear Solid and Final Fantasy coming out in '08, I think it may finally be hitting its stride (fingers crossed).

Besides, one must always remember: Never buy the first version of anything. Any other course invites complications/disappointment. And yes, this is harder to do than to say for us tech geeks.

Yeah, I knew the first year was going to be a bit of a drought...its just too damn expensive and complicated to develop for these new next-gen consoles and the Playstation platform always seems to demand more of the developers than the competition. But w/ marquee title exclusives like Metal Gear Solid and Final Fantasy coming out in '08, I think it may finally be hitting its stride (fingers crossed).

Besides, one must always remember: Never buy the first version of anything. Any other course invites complications/disappointment. And yes, this is harder to do than to say for us tech geeks.

Even if FF was out in Japan in 08' it would take another year to get over here. Squaresoft has always been horrible about that. Is why I love Mystwalker studios. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts