Futurist: Both Formats Will Grow

Diogen, we both know that to each other our respective oppinions are not worth a hill of beans...
Oppinions???
I never did - and never will - argue about your opinions.
Just keep the facts straight and you will never see me quoting you again.

But hey, why let facts get in the way of a good conspiracy theory...:)

Diogen.

Does the Sammy BD1200 allow for hdmi transfer of the undecoded audio to the reciever for decoding and playback? That would be a very cool feature. Also, does not the 1200 have 5.1 analog out on the back?

From what I have heard and read, no the Samsung won't pass bitstream for the receiver to decode and yes it has 5.1 anaog outs.

S~

Does the Sammy BD1200 allow for hdmi transfer of the undecoded audio to the reciever for decoding and playback? That would be a very cool feature. Also, does not the 1200 have 5.1 analog out on the back?

Yes, it definitely has 5.1 analog out the back. I just got the player and am using the 5.1 analog connections.

I think it decodes bitstream via HDMI, but you can check the manual yourself. Here's a link to the BD-P1200 manual PDF.

We watched our first BD last night -- "The Prestige". Great in BD. PQ was superb! Brought back great memories of our VOOM DBS days that ended in 2005.

I am wondering if the Sammy analog audio is as good as our OPPO 971 upconverter analog audio. I tried a standard DVD and am even wondering if the Sammy upconverted video is as good as the OPPO. I need to compare them side by side. That OPPO has been an excellent upconverter, but of course it is much better to have real BD high def now. Unfortunately there are not many BDs out there for rental yet.

Overall we are really impressed with the BD-P1200, and the $355 price was right on eBay. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts