What package do you currently have?

Some rich blood in this thread. I have Latino DOS with half price HBO.

Ha, I was a little surprised too, but then this is the Satellite Guys board. You'd expect a little bias towards fancier packages, right?

If the OP had asked a couple of months ago, I'd've said the Welcome Pack, but now it's football season, so it's 120+ and the Sports Pack. Plus SHO for Homeland. I'm not sure if I can justify that price if pressed, but the show's still pretty interesting. Feels like I think I've got rich blood. ;)

Smart Pack + Heartland. However I believe al a carte is the wave of the future as hulu, vudu, etc, become more ubiquitous. Pay satellite and cable will be dinosaurs kinda like land line phones are now.

A la carte isn't really the wave of the future since it's been done before and is being used in some areas. You may want to read some of the nurmerous threads on here about the subject and you'll find out that the satellite and cable companies don't really have any way of doing it now and may not for a long time.

Hulu and Vudu would have to have excellent HD to attract most people and I haven't seen it yet. They have a long way to go.

jerryez said:
Hulu and Vudu would have to have excellent HD to attract most people and I haven't seen it yet. They have a long way to go.

Vudu does have excellent HD, their HDX is amazing picture quality for what you get over the net, pretty close to BR.

I'm Dish America Silver and Center Ice.

My brother (who doesn't post here) but I'll include as a DISH subscriber has Welcome Package, Heartland and NHL Center Ice.

The girl I've been seeing wants to cut back on programming cost and build on to the house. So if it gets that far we'll probably be about like my brother and his wife. :(

AT 250
BB@home

Just added BB@home for the half off deal (Thanks MaryB!)

I discovered that BB@home gives access to most of Starz on demand content.So in essence you get Epix,Starz,and the other ex dish platinum channels,plus all the streaming and dvd/games by mail.All for $5 not bad at all.To me it's a much better value than HBO for $9 or MAX,SHO,STZ for $6.50.Spartacus War of the Damned,the season premiere is already available,although it's listed in Spartacus Vengeance.