What Retro TV Shows Would You Want To See

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Larry1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 24, 2005
Port Hope, ON Canada
With the growing popularity of retro tv shows and the new channels expanding the availability of the old shows, what old TV shows do you miss that are not currently available, or have not been played recently on the various retro themed or major networks? (programming that is currently not available on any channel, not just the channels that you receive)

A few shows that come to mind for me are:
Eight is Enough
State Trooper (Starring Rod Cameron)
Anie Oakley (Starring Gail Davis)
Hello Larry
It's About Time

Don't know if it is currently being shown anywhere, but if not I would like to see someone offer WKRP.

Particularly episodes which had a lot of Bailey Quarters participation in them. :D

Gilligan's Island - I never watched it, but should have because I love Tina Louise.

M-Squad-Lee Marvin
San Francisco Beat/The Line Up Tom Tully
Dragnet Original Jack Webb/Ben Alexander
Rescue 8-Jim Davis
Manhunt- Victor Jory
Troubleshooters- Kennan Wynn
Highway Patrol- Broderick Crawford
Dragnet Jack Webb/ Harry Morgan
Adam-12

To name a few

I used to live in San Jose Ca. there was a TV channel that every Saturday or was it Sunday Morning that had nothing but old TV shows on from 8am to 1pm :coffee

Im a sci fi nut so heres my list! Land of the giants,time tunnel,space 1999,the prisoner,quatum leap,sliders and dark shadows.

Maybe it's just me, but has anyone else ever noticed the genres are usually comedy, westerns, dramas, etc, when it comes to these retro stations? It's like space and sci fi shows are not even a choice. I'm not a major sci fi buff, but I do recall space and sci fi themes being a big part of the 60s when i was growing up. There's all those Gerry Anderson and Irwin Allen series I recall watching. I was born in 58. I think I recall watching some Gerry Anderson shows in the very early 60s, like when I was 4 or 5, then all those Irwin Allen series around the mid 60s. But for some reason, space and sci fi shows don't seem like it's anything these retro chs care to air much. They have aired Buck Rogers, Battlestar I think, plus the Incredible Hulk, but that's about it. I have heard that some of these sci fi classics may be airing again on Metv soon, but it won't do me much good if they did, since AMC 3 is blocked by trees. But I can get AMC 7 just fine, which doesn't help much, since there is no MeTV feed on that sat that I'm aware of. Unless of course, RTV starts airing sci fi classics, which I see as unlikely, tho not impossible.

Man from Uncle
F Troop
Perry Mason
The Virginian
Big Valley
Branded
Hi Corral
The Lone Ranger
Sky King
Rin-tin-tin
Three's Company
Get Smart
Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom

So many shows to see once more :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts