What satellite?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

brother

Original poster
Sep 6, 2008
Hi,
I am new to satellites, i just got one. How can i tell what kind of satellite i have (C-Band) or other?

They installed it facing south east i think at 45 degrees. But i need to be able to see Hotbird 2, how do i do this?

thanks,
Brother

Is there a web site that shows the satellites and the map of the world with satellite coverage so i can better understand what you mean?

what does 89 degrees W mean? Do i need to point the satellite 89 degrees from West of south, north or what? or is the reference 0 degrees where 0 is east? And then what is the angle from the horizon? aren't there two angles one from the horizon (up/down) and one from the north/south/east something like that?

Its been asked but not answered .....To really understand what type help you need we need to know where you are located.....

Just for yucks, I made up the following pictures to help explain to brother what we mean here. He is obviously a complete newbie and need some basics.

First of all brother, you have a satellite DISH, not a satellite. The satellite is about22,300 miles above the Earth's equator. The degrees mentioned here mean "degrees longitude".

Attached are what the satellite can see from 9° east, 9° west, 89° east and 89° west.

I hope these can help you better understand what is being discussed here

See ya
Tony

Attachments

• 9 Degrees E.jpg
    9 Degrees E.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 154
  • 9 Degrees W.jpg
    9 Degrees W.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 142
  • 89 Degrees E.jpg
    89 Degrees E.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 149
  • 89 Degrees W.jpg
    89 Degrees W.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 166
Cuba is going to get BATTERED! One end of the island to the other. Then on to Louisiana, again!

There is a thread on this topic in the Chit-Chat forum.

See ya
Tony

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)