What satellite?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

brother

Original poster
Sep 6, 2008
Hi,
I am new to satellites, i just got one. How can i tell what kind of satellite i have (C-Band) or other?

They installed it facing south east i think at 45 degrees. But i need to be able to see Hotbird 2, how do i do this?

thanks,
Brother

Is there a web site that shows the satellites and the map of the world with satellite coverage so i can better understand what you mean?

what does 89 degrees W mean? Do i need to point the satellite 89 degrees from West of south, north or what? or is the reference 0 degrees where 0 is east? And then what is the angle from the horizon? aren't there two angles one from the horizon (up/down) and one from the north/south/east something like that?

Its been asked but not answered .....To really understand what type help you need we need to know where you are located.....

Just for yucks, I made up the following pictures to help explain to brother what we mean here. He is obviously a complete newbie and need some basics.

First of all brother, you have a satellite DISH, not a satellite. The satellite is about22,300 miles above the Earth's equator. The degrees mentioned here mean "degrees longitude".

Attached are what the satellite can see from 9° east, 9° west, 89° east and 89° west.

I hope these can help you better understand what is being discussed here

See ya
Tony

Attachments

• 9 Degrees E.jpg
    9 Degrees E.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 150
  • 9 Degrees W.jpg
    9 Degrees W.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 137
  • 89 Degrees E.jpg
    89 Degrees E.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 142
  • 89 Degrees W.jpg
    89 Degrees W.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 160
Cuba is going to get BATTERED! One end of the island to the other. Then on to Louisiana, again!

There is a thread on this topic in the Chit-Chat forum.

See ya
Tony

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)