Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
NW Ohio - Buckeye Country
What scanning Apps do you guys use ?

I thought I had one that was working, but recently scanned a QR code online and it was not found.
Also, any of them that pick up the bar code scanners the stores use, that actually tell you what the product is and price at the store ?

I have Barcode Scanner from ZXing, but I don't use it that much.

I'm guessing it's free ?
I really don't use what I had much either , but once in awhile while playing around.
For online stuff they usually work and if I'm trying to kill time while waiting for others while shopping.

Also saw something about being able to scan your airline tickets that way, but don't know that I would trust that.

I'll give the one you mentioned a try.

I rarely if ever use QR codes, but I use the Amazon barcode scanner all the time. If it is an actual UPC, Amazon almost always finds it. And if it is like a Border's, which has its own code, you can take a photo, and Amazon gets it.

I use Movies which scans the bar code of BDs/DVDs/HDDVDs to add movies to your libray. It is handy to carry the full list of titles in the phone. That way when I am at walmart looking in the bargain bin for BDs, I can see if I have the title in which format.

Also, any of them that pick up the bar code scanners the stores use, that actually tell you what the product is and price at the store ?
Think about that... Where would that data come from ? The stores themselves would have to provide it and I just don't see that happening anytime soon.

I use Movies which scans the bar code of BDs/DVDs/HDDVDs to add movies to your libray. It is handy to carry the full list of titles in the phone. That way when I am at walmart looking in the bargain bin for BDs, I can see if I have the title in which format.

That one sounds interesting. I need to download that one.

Can you use this program to then import it to a database on your computer?

Can you use this program to then import it to a database on your computer?

You can email yourself from the app a list of all your discs.

Code:
Barcode,Title,Season,Format,My Star Rating,Plot Summary,Loaned Out,Last Time Watched,Type,Genre,Rating,Year of Movie,Length,Region,Rotten Tomatoes Rating,Country of Purchase,Release Date,Studio,Second Studio,Codec,Resolution,Ratio,Original Ratio,Size,Discs,Packaging,Purchased Value,Purchase Date,Storage Location,Custom,
012569828407,The Fugitive,,,,,,,Movie,Action/Adventure,PG-13,1993,130,Free,4 Star,USA,,Warner Bros.,,MPEG-2,1080p,1.85:1,1.85:1,25 GB Blu,1,Vortex,,,,,
085391108085,Goodfellas,,,,Henry Hill and his friends work their way up through the mob hierarchy on New York  during the 60s* 70s and 80s.,,,Movie,Drama/Biography/Crime,R,1990,146,1,,USA,09/19/1990,Warner Bros.,,VC-1,1080p,1.78:1,1.85:1,50 GB Blu,1,Thick Snap Case,,,,,

I put a snippit in the code box. It sends you a comma separated list via email.

If you save it in a file and put ".csv" for the extention it opens up nicely in a spreadsheet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)