What should Vick do to get back in the NFL...?

Buzzed ....yes...I would agree with the comment. But being almost twice the legal limit....Stallworth's blood-alcohol level after the crash was .146, well above Florida's legal limit of .08. THAT is way beyond BUZZED. And for a guy that is bigger than the average human, 6-1...a few over 200lbs....that is alot of booze.

I do not think that is way too far...

If it was almost a sure thing that somebody would be hurt/killed everytime someone else drove with a .146, then we'd all be dead or maimed. Unfortunate, but true. 9 times out 10, the .146 driver gets lucky and does no damage.

I would get vehicular homicide, which is what Stallworth was charged with.

And that's my point. He's being charged with DUI manslaughter which indicates he acted recklessly or with criminal negligence. That is a far cry from Vick who acted willfully. This its hard to compare the two as Salsa wishes us to do.

And that's my point. He's being charged with DUI manslaughter which indicates he acted recklessly or with criminal negligence. That is a far cry from Vick who acted willfully. This its hard to compare the two as Salsa wishes us to do.

NOT comparing...just stating that in my opinion.....the line is very thin between the two.

Listen to Sky. He's a lawyer. He knows his stuff. :)

Sky, maybe you can confirm this, but Vehicular Manslaughter is different than First Degree Murder right? If it was proven that Stallworth killed a man on purpose with his car, wouldn't he also be charged with 1st degree murder?

Listen to Sky. He's a lawyer. He knows his stuff. :)

Sky, maybe you can confirm this, but Vehicular Manslaughter is different than First Degree Murder right? If it was proven that Stallworth killed a man on purpose with his car, wouldn't he also be charged with 1st degree murder?

That is fine and dandy that he is a lawyer....BUT we are not comparing the law. I think this more of a what you can deal as acceptable...

It varies from state to state, but I'm 99.9999% sure that if the State thought they could prove Stallworth acted with malice and willfuly killed his victim, he'd be charged with 1st degree murder.

DUI manslaughter is for people who willfully become intoxicated and accidently kill someone while driving.

That is fine and dandy that he is a lawyer....BUT we are not comparing the law. I think this more of a what you can deal as acceptable...

But the law does an excellent job of differentiating mental states and mental state is the reason that Vick and Stallworth shouldn't be compared.

Awful choice of words. Here's a clarification and why so many people are getting frustrated with you. No one, myself included has "deemed" either actions "acceptable"!

One we can sympathize with because it may have been a very unfortunate accident while the other is a little harder to accept since it was an intended act.

Neither are acceptable....far from it. Stallworth should and will be punished harshly. But you asked:

But since I brought up Donte Stallworth...if he did what he did at 22...and had s few very good years in the league like Vick has....would the negativity be just as bad...?!

And the answer is probably not. The reason is intent. One sadistically tortured dogs on a regular basis and the other one is a dumbass who went out and accidently killed somebody.

Apparently the only acceptable argument is that because other people committed other crimes under different circumstances and made it back to the league the league has to reinstate Vick.

Awful choice of words. Here's a clarification and why so many people are getting frustrated with you. No one, myself included has "deemed" either actions "acceptable"!

One we can sympathize with because it may have been a very unfortunate accident while the other is a little harder to accept since it was an intended act.

And WHEN have you seen ANY POSY stating I have accepted ANYTHING he has done or any other player in the NFL??!! When you SHOW this supposed post...then you post above holds water. And AGAIN, what Donte did was NOT intentional...but it is NO WAY NEAR being an "accident"...:rolleyes:

Ok....WHAT exact words/phrase CAN YOU use.... Because apparently wife beaters and constant F*** -UPS like Mr. "Making it Rain" Packman Jones...are acceptable offenses allowed in the NFL. Now MIND YOU, it is WAY worse to kill innocent animals than beating your wife/girlfriend....

I would get vehicular homicide, which is what Stallworth was charged with.

Besides, 0.12 isn't that incapacitating, it's just barely over the limit in several states. And has been pointed out, he flashed the lights at the pedestrian to get him out of the way, so it's not like the guy jumped out in front of him.

Either way, once both men do their time, they should be allowed back in the NFL, as neither crime had anything to do with Football.

Actually the highest BAC in any state is .08 now. A .12 is up there compared to that.

As for the other argument about it not being directly related to football I see your point. But rightly or wrongly most pro sports can suspend players for off the field violations and the NFL has been in the forefront. Heck in some cases they have suspended players before they weer convicted of their crimes.

Apparently the only acceptable argument is that because other people committed other crimes under different circumstances and made it back to the league the league has to reinstate Vick.

Also....I always thought fans were accepting....Going back to the Stallworth situation...say he did this early in his 20s...did 8 years and his time...would there be this much backlash...?

I don't know how this became a debate between Vick and Donte Stallworth. :confused: The original question was what would you advise Vick to do to get back into the NFL. I say:

1. Call Jerry Jones
2. Call Al Davis
3. Move to Canada

And WHEN have you seen ANY POST stating I have accepted ANYTHING he has done or any other player in the NFL??!! When you SHOW this supposed post...then you post above holds water.

Ok, here it is. Your choice of words, not mine. BTW, I'm not saying YOU accepted anything. Instead the post was directed at me. In which I posted a retort.

Woops, here it is again.... (Tisk, tisk, tisk)

Ok....WHAT exact words/phrase CAN YOU use.... Because apparently wife beaters and constant F*** -UPS like Mr. "Making it Rain" Packman Jones...are acceptable offenses allowed in the NFL. Now MIND YOU, it is WAY worse to kill innocent animals than beating your wife/girlfriend....

Ok, here it is. Your choice of words, not mine. BTW, I'm not saying YOU accepted anything. Instead the post was directed at me. In which I posted a retort.

Woops, here it is again.... (Tisk, tisk, tisk)

The SUBJECT...what you can as a person can deal with what is acceptable....

How ironic that you constantly accuse ME into putting words into OTHER mouths....LMAO!!

Read it again Sparky...you did not see it say that I am willing to except it...

The SUBJECT...what you can as a person can deal with what is acceptable....

How ironic that you constantly accuse ME into putting words into OTHER mouths....LMAO!!

Read it again Sparky...you did not see it say that I am willing to except it...

Perhaps it's YOU who needs to read again you Duck Billed Platypus.....

I don't know how this became a debate between Vick and Donte Stallworth. :confused: The original question was what would you advise Vick to do to get back into the NFL. I say:

1. Call Jerry Jones
2. Call Al Davis
3. Move to Canada

What I wanted was everyone work as Michael Vick PR person and what you have them do....but I guess it was wishful thinking that this was not gonna morph into this kind of debate....

What I wanted was everyone work as Michael Vick PR person and what you have them do....but I guess it was wishful thinking that this was not gonna morph into this kind of debate....
Honestly Vick is way too controversial. Whoever would sign him would invite protests from outsiders, crazy media circus and would just create an unnecessary distraction for the team. Vick hasn't done anything to show that he's changed. All he's done is serve time. If he's really a different man then he should forget about the NFL and do something to help out others. Become a motivational speaker, get with some community organization, etc. Then maybe he can repair his image. If he just tries to get back in the NFL he looks looks like every other thug that has baggage and we all know where that leads, more trouble.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)