What to do with old analog equipment?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

fuzzman99

Original poster
Jan 3, 2011
Kentucky
I just finished cleaning out the garage and have some old C-band satellite receivers, remotes, decoders, LNB, etc and was wondering if any of it is worth anything or if I just need to recycle it? Will be glad to enumerate everything if it is worthwhile.

Man would I like to get my hands on a Tracker System V HTS analog receiver remote!! Bought one of these receivers on fleabay thinking that it came with it but didn't and I can't program it as a dish mover without the remote.

My friend is part owner/manager of a local fertilizer plant. One of the hopper bottoms had a 120VAC motor on a Saginaw mover screw. It burned up so I replaced the 120VAC with 24VDC motor and took a NEW IN THE BOX GI 650, ripped out everything except the power transformer and relay board. Wired in a open/close switch and the analog box now has a new life.....mixing fertilizer.

My friend is part owner/manager of a local fertilizer plant. One of the hopper bottoms had a 120VAC motor on a Saginaw mover screw. It burned up so I replaced the 120VAC with 24VDC motor and took a NEW IN THE BOX GI 650, ripped out everything except the power transformer and relay board. Wired in a open/close switch and the analog box now has a new life.....mixing fertilizer.

HAHAHA, You know, I live in the middle of nowhere with a manual farm gate. I've thought of taking a old analog receiver that has a UHF remote (build a weather proof box to put it in) and a 24" C-Band actuator to make a automatic gate opener. Move 1 sat E open, move 1 sat W close, just program the positions.

Man would I like to get my hands on a Tracker System V HTS analog receiver remote!! Bought one of these receivers on fleabay thinking that it came with it but didn't and I can't program it as a dish mover without the remote.

I believe I have the remote that went with the Houston Tracker V I threw out last week. I'll look if I have it and if I do I'll send you an IM.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts