Status
Please reply by conversation.

TheTechGuru

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 30, 2010
Texas
t51zsi.jpg

Motorola's EMM stream is still up and the G1-03 guide is still up and working as of the time of this posting. Testing on my 905, 922 is still unplugged.

EDIT:

I just noticed in Skyvision's 4DTV_letter.pdf it says "Call 800-500-9268 to get authorization or a re-hit anytime after 1:00 p.m. CST Jan. 4th." So I guess that's when 4096 is actually going to be turned off?

Last edited:
They could drop 4096 on W5/X4 and leave it up for a while everywhere else to mess with us. Check your 905 tonight on like G1 and see if it see's 4096. That would tell you if its safe or not to go surfing.

Last edited:
They could drop 4096 on W5/X4 and leave it up for a while everywhere else to mess with us. Check your 905 tonight on like G1 and see if it see's 4066. That would tell you if its safe or not to go surfing.

What/who is 316? I'm getting it on NWCableNews and GMC.

Oh, and Discovery East still works on my 922 but I'm not leaving it on it for more than 3 seconds until the stream is gone.

Never noticed that before C4 581 "R. EMM Providers: 316" "S. EMM Provider 4096" Now I'm off to check some other non-subbed channels.

C3 680 R. 4, 204
C3 700 R. 4096, 2
T7 970 R. 2
GB 410 R. 316 same as C4 581 NWCN
T4 600 R. 53

Guess I never paid attention to this. Is there a list somewhere who these other providers are?

Last edited:
I've got a 920 and my system status screen looks different than yours. Mine doesn't list EMM provider or stream any where on the system status screen. How does one find the EMM information on a 920?

I only know how my box works. On system status screen there are 6 lines of data above the trip counter. These lines of data can be arrowed up or down. On mine its lines A thru T. Hope this helps.

I have an old Starchoice model 411 receiver that shows the EMM provider info if I manually tune in the signal. I think that the different models of receivers have different diagnostic display screens.

This is why I decided to switch to a 410 for this month at least. No telling what might be going on. I'm not sure Motorola does either if they have been testing themselves. The engineers that designed these systems are probably long gone and young kids are trying to reinvent the wheel.

I have had my 922 goin this whole time since i have a sub with srl and have not saw any changes with the receiver all my sats are still there.I had tho done the beta work around a little over a week ago and the only diffrence i found is i couldnt get the guide anymore.

The latest I heard is the swap will happen in the 1pm hour CST. Bye Bye 4096 we knew you well...

Not inside info, it's in Skyvision's letter if you read it.

http://www.skyvision.com/pages/4DTV_letter.pdf

"6. Call 800-500-9268 (That's Skyvision's Number) to get authorization or a re-hit anytime after 1:00 p.m. CST Jan. 4th."

On another note, I've had my 905 on GMC all day and my trip counter is still at 0.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)