DO NOT PLUG THAT 4DTV COAX BACK IN QUITE YET

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I heard it today from my sources the letter was just approx speculating.

I just saw an explosion in the sky to the west the ACC blew up now all the tv is gone :rolleyes: LOL. Motorola probably will screw this all up watch.

I personally suggest waiting till later today. One of our people says Hits are going on 4096.

UPDATE: HITS HAVE NOW CEASED ON 4096

Last edited:
I have reconnected my LNB, fired up the 922 & moved to W5/X4. I currently have the test pattern, & I get style, but I have to leave in about 15 minutes. I have not done the beta work around yet or called SRL for a rehit. Are these steps necessary before the switch is flipped or can I wait until later tonight or even tomorrow?

Oh, I may have answered my own question. I already done the initial steps about 2 weeks ago & just read the new letter at Skyvision.

Last edited:
Got home and checked progress.... 4096 is gone from providers list but still listed as my provider. Guide is wiped out, the update done about 11:30 was a wasted effort.

I've sent a couple of rehits from Websams (SRL). Nothing is coming through.. I've also noticed that the description for my packages with SRL are all now listed as H2H Packages (Hits 2 Home).

I still have audio/video on my W5/X4 services, but am not receiving any authorization hits yet.

C&P from Programming Center | 4DTV Programming

NOTICE:

The Conversion process is a little Delayed, Might be another hour and 1/2. Thank You for your patience.

AND

NOTICE:

The Conversion process is a little Delayed, Might be another hour and 1/2. Thank You for your patience.

I'm doing/saying nothing until tomorrow ;)

This is why I decided to switch to a 410 for this month at least. No telling what might be going on. I'm not sure Motorola does either if they have been testing themselves. The engineers that designed these systems are probably long gone and young kids are trying to reinvent the wheel.

Is your 410's guide running today? Mine is down but all programming is there. My subs (by a bit of planning for the possible "new" packages) expire today, but the guide went down on my 410 through SRL last evening. (the eve of the "big changeover") Parked on 204 for quite some time which they recommended during activation, nothing. Don't know if there's more with this issue, or...if its me, is there a "force guide" on the HITS stream like there was in the 4D.....

Thoughts welcomed!

We are currently in conversion 4096 is gone and 4160 still has not been activated for the 4D's as of yet please be patient.

Ok, I'm checking out Discovery East on C4 right now with my 905 and it says "R. EMM Providers: 2". Last night it said 4096.

Going to plug my 922 in...

DISCOVERY & ANIMAL PLANET ARE WORKING! No key change yet. TLC too probably.

"2" means no EMM found. Channels are working since there is no way to auth or deauth now. If the CK was good and untouched by a deauth it should work till OC. Thats my theory :)

Does the 922 plug-in mean you think its safe?

My 4096 disappeared from R. Providers everywhere I checked about 2:30 this afternoon along with my guide that was loadedup till tomorrow. My S. Provider still shows 4096.

W5 subs still on.

I would say it's safe to go anyplace now. There are no hits going out and no maps being transmitted. The 4160 H2H SAC on W5/X4 is having issues and is being delayed. Enjoy whatever past subs you can see for now. Just don't do a MR or your done.

W5 is even safe :)

SRL's phone number is a continuous busy signal :( Guess not much will get done for a while. Back to DirecTV.

FWIW: My 922 with H2H

My 922 is on 625 - Science Channel - I have a valid sub and the channel is showing

Options 67781 shows an EMM of 4096

I still have multiple satellites, existing programmed and ability to add unprogrammed ones.

Dunno if this means anything to anyone....just sharing!

All the 4D's show 4096 EMM if they haven't taken a hit with the H2H SAC computer yet. Once that happens it will show 4160. 4096 as a stream is history!

Up until about 10 AM CST I've had my 905 with 4096 EMM sub running on G1 & G5 for Starz, moving it to W5/X4 for DMX channels every day without incident.
The system status screen now shows R as 4160,2 & S as 4096 still after requesting hits thru websams. Zero hits received after the request thru websams today.

Two things may be hampering their change: the 905 was authorized for Starz thru SRL and there are two accounts for all my subs which need to be consolidated into one H2H account now that the 4096 EMM is gone.

This change is more than just a list of subs & receivers, its also keeping the accounts in order for records keeping, auditing, etc.

I suspect I'll have to call in to Skyvision tomorrow to request the authorization change. Not going to brick the 905 with an MR, no siree.

I plan to hook up my coax back up tomorrow afternoon (unless I read something that directs me otherwise).

All the 4D's show 4096 EMM if they haven't taken a hit with the H2H SAC computer yet. Once that happens it will show 4160. 4096 as a stream is history!

If I get a hit to convert to 4160 won't it kill my Discovery 3Pak? Maybe I should only do the 905 for now.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts