What we are hearing...

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I just want ESPN and TNT to move to MPEG 4 the you can see such a difference between MPEG 2 and MPEG 4
I agree. Thought the football game on ESPN last night had average at best PQ. Come on Directv swap the stations over to MPEG4!

back to the topic, its obvious something is up for next week involving more RSN's because the center ice hd sked is now listing games for fsn florida, fsn ohio, fsn bay area and that's what i've been able to sniff out so far!

Some of the new RSNs are showing up in the guide on my H20.

638-1 FSN Cinci
639-1 FSN Houston

Listings just show TBD, and tuning it gives searching for signal. But it IS coming :)

Last edited:
Some of the new RSN spotbeams are showing up in the guide on my H20.

638-1 FSN Cinci
639-1 FSN Houston

Listings just show TBD, and tuning it gives searching for signal. But it IS coming :)

638-1 is also new to me but I've had 639-1 for awhile now. Also, I don't think these are spotbeams but CONUS, putting them on spots means that folks with the out of market sports packages wouldn't be able to see games on those channels in HD.

You're right, they should be CONUS - I had just read about the local spotbeams coming on and the start of more HD Lil, thanks for noticing the error.

I wasn't sure if Houston was up before or not - but Cinci is definately new.

houston has been up for a few weeks. and you will get the searching for sat message unless there is an actual broadcast. doesn't mean your setup is incorrect.

just checked and i'm not showing 638-1 in either my h20 or hr20 guides. how long ago did you notice.

still have it on all my receivers - 638-1 FSNCIN
Unusal that the call letters don't have HD like the others, but it seaches for signal like the others.

still have it on all my receivers - 638-1 FSNCIN
Unusal that the call letters don't have HD like the others, but it seaches for signal like the others.

and i still don't. this is weird. at first, i thought you might be in the cincy dma but....well, are you? that's the only explaination i have right now. i even did a hard reboot on my h20 and no 638-1.

ETA: well, it popped up. i was scrolling through the rsn's looking for something else and found it. just weird.

Last edited:
Just got a e-mail from Eric Abner at the Tennis Channel. He said the hd Tennis Channel will be up and running in Janurary on Direct.

Sorry for my ignorance, but what will FSN Cincinnati show in HD, assuming it's games only, since the Reds aren't in season? College basketball or something?

It will be nice to watch Reds games in HD in the spring...

its my belief that the kings are either on fsn west of fsn prime ticket. none of their so called hd games have actually been in hd (from the rsn).

Sorry, I was referring to the Sacramento Kings not the LA Kings:D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)