What we are hearing...

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Here's a spreadsheet I've been keeping for myself. You're welcome to use for reference.

I live in the Philly Market so it's got the locals listed as Philly locals.

I like to trot this out when people I work with start talking HD :D

On the list, I recall TBS HD being added to Dish Network, but not on your list, FYI!

When Nick was mentioned, I thought, Good ... thinking that the old shows would be added in HD, like Munsters, Addams Family ect., then I realized that they are on Nick's side station, "TV Land"
Any word on "TV Land " ?

Jimbo

I think it's gonna be a long time. Most of those shows would have to be totally remastered for HD if shot on film, and if they were shot on video, they can't ever be HD.

my question about nick hd though.....is it just nick or does it include nick at nite (or whatever they are calling it now)?

I think it's gonna be a long time. Most of those shows would have to be totally remastered for HD if shot on film, and if they were shot on video, they can't ever be HD.
Having seen Flipper in HD, I'd suggest you're probably not going to like what you see if they try to convert to widescreen. The ultra closeups are nasty when a chin or scalp gets lopped.

is anyone else seeing the islander game on 94 and 95? could one be the hd feed for the islanders?

94-95 are Mpeg2 channels that D* have been using for several years to get a at the time limited amount of sports to us in HD.

I believe you would get this channel if you sub to the Centre Ice package, I do not, so it says : Channel NOT purchased , for me.

IF it was the mpeg4 version it would probably show up in the 600's somewhere along with the SD channel.

Jimbo

Actually not this time - I haven't spoken to my contact in DirecTV in over a week. But, we will be getting bio-HD, and I expect to have at least 2 nore RSNs lit.

:p

Actually not this time - I haven't spoken to my contact in DirecTV in over a week. But, we will be getting bio-HD, and I expect to have at least 2 nore RSNs lit.

:p

what about satelliteracer's post in the other forum that fsnny and msg might be lit before thanksgiving or the week after? he didn't directly mention those two. but his clue strongly suggested it! :)

Take the fact that ScoBuck "can't wait" and lives in NY, and you can see why he would be excited about RSNs in NY lighting up - finally.

Take me - in Michigan, who never watches Bio, and the real question is will there be anything that excites many people nationwide or just the NYers...

Don't take it the wrong way, I sub to extra innings and am excited they are getting all the RSNs up in HD, just eager for more national stuff too :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)