What we are hearing...

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I hadn't looked in a few weeks at the active SW1 and SW2 transponders, but I just did and I see that at 103a there are now 16 transponders turned on. Does anyone know when they turned these on?

Could there be some new HD lils coming soon? Now that they have added most of the HD national channels, maybe it's time to concentrate on the locals again.
D* made the announcement on these the day after they lit up. The new transponders on 103(a) are spot beams from D10. I believe they have already moved Salt Lake City, Tampa, Phoenix, Dallas, Houston, and San Antonio off of the Spaceways and on to D10. There have been reports that in those markets, if your remove the BBCs, you lose your locals which indicates the switch has taken already taken place. I can vouch for the new Salt Lake City spot beam being active, but the old Spaceway beam is still showing up too. Once they shut the old ones down and move them around, we know that can add at least six cities on the Spaceway.

Where do you go to find out what's where as far as the Sats and transponders? Is there anyplace similar to the Echostar Knowledge Base set up for for DTV?

Where do you go to find out what's where as far as the Sats and transponders?
Ka activity is transient and thus far, hard to pin down. The Ku information shows up in attachments to posts occasionally. Unfortunately, Lyngsat is probably the closest thing to an authoritative website.

I wondered when the thread would degrade into another 720p vs 1080 holy war. Let's bring up DLB too. Let's also start an inane discussion about how bitrate is more important than decoded image quality. That way we won't catch any useful information by accident.

I wondered when the thread would degrade into another 720p vs 1080 holy war. Let's bring up DLB too. Let's also start an inane discussion about how bitrate is more important than decoded image quality. That way we won't catch any useful information by accident.
or better yet, lets add to it by bitching about the posts......:)

or better yet, lets add to it by bitching about the posts......:)

The subject of the thread is What we are hearing...

We've all heard these arguments before. People expect news in this thread. Let's stay on topic. I won't dillute the thread any further.

Well back on topic,I don't think much more HD is coming this month. Access magazine says BioHD and thats about it.We have all the other ones they list .Maybe some locals are comming ,But not for me. End of 2008 for Scranton /Wilkes-Barre in case any one else wanted to know.But I guess I can live with NY HD Local for now ,Better then NO HD locals.

The subject of the thread is What we are hearing...

We've all heard these arguments before. People expect news in this thread. Let's stay on topic. I won't dillute the thread any further.

Actually the "What we are hearing" was referring to new HD channels, back in the day when they were first starting to come on board.

Jimbo

Well back on topic,I don't think much more HD is coming this month. Access magazine says BioHD and thats about it.We have all the other ones they list .Maybe some locals are comming ,But not for me. End of 2008 for Scranton /Wilkes-Barre in case any one else wanted to know.But I guess I can live with NY HD Local for now ,Better then NO HD locals.

Agreed, there's probably not a lot left out there. Would be nice if Starz/Encore fired up the old Encore HD channel that they had for awhile but shut down due to lack of pick up. I know WGN-Superstation is supposed to have their HD signal available by 12/1, that would be a nice addition for the Chicago sports programming that they have in HD.

Have we heard anything about RFD? I would love to see the Travel Channel (not due until next year) and NASA. Anybody heard anything about the latter?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Questions about ordering

Poor reception during CBS NFL games?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)