What Will Happen Now

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

FrankJo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 6, 2004
DC Metro Area
What's important now is what happens to the programing. Echostar may now push to take over the Voom channels. This may happen now because now Ergen may be able to get them at a cheaper price since it has already been decided that Voom, as a satellite provider, will be no more.

If this happens, you gotta give Ergen credit, he played his hand extremely well and positioned himself to move way ahead of Direct TV.

I know this is heresy, but: I think that until mpeg4 is here, E* could provide these channels in SD. There is enough compelling content that people would watch, even in SD. IMPORTANT - In the meantime, they could offer one or two of the channels in HD for FREE (with the HD Pack), and promote the rest as an upcoming premium package.

Charlie was given plenty of opportunities to pick up the VOOM21 HD programming but he reject it because it is not "compelling" to him. Don't expect anything new from Charlie. It's time to move on and get another provider.

I just looked at the other providers.....S*it this really sucks!

I already have another provider, E*.

No one thought Charlie was going to buy the satellite at first either. But he could get content for a song. CVC would be willing to part with it for a good price since they need to recoup some of the hundreds of millions that have gone out the door. I've been right before.

Walter L. said:
Charlie was given plenty of opportunities to pick up the VOOM21 HD programming but he reject it because it is not "compelling" to him. Don't expect anything new from Charlie. It's time to move on and get another provider.
compelling=$$$$$ with charlie.. They are probably dirt cheap right now