What wiring changes will be required for Hopper 3

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I have an interesting LOS problem. I'm receiving 61.5 and 72.7 from separate dishes on my garage. Can I replace the 500 dish used for 61.5 with a 1000.2 with the new LNB serving only 61.5, and pick up 72.7 with the wing dish port?

I still have a dish for 110/119 connected on another part of my house. I assume that I can dispose of that dish and of the associated wiring and switches to clean up my install.

When I get my new H3 I will connect my J1 and report back that it really does work after all.
Maybe someone here will beat me to the punch. Oops, that is an old expression. I mean
maybe someone here will do it before I do and report back the truth, one way or another.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Line of sight requires 2 different locations. My question is: Will 1000.2 with new LNB be OK with only 61.5 in view and a wing dish for 72.7?
I'm going to say yes, It shouldn't care what single satellite you choose to point at it.
Or what Wing dish you choose to plug into it.

But my other question is How on earth can you not see the 72 but can see the 61.5 from the same spot. It like less then 6 inches apart in the sky?

My dish finder app, has them touching it's so close.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Line of sight requires 2 different locations. My question is: Will 1000.2 with new LNB be OK with only 61.5 in view and a wing dish for 72.7?

That's a good question. I'm sure the specs say no but you could be the first to try it in real life. :biggrin

Reactions: Troch77
Just point of fact the original Joey will work with the H3 but it is painfully SLOW.

The Joey 2.0 is not new but the name is again it was known as the Joey CR before.

My current account has 2 HWS, 3 Joey 1.0, and a wireless Joey. When I call to have a H3 installed (and prob a 4K Joey since both HWS will have to go), will the Joeys also be replaced with 2.0 or will the other three users be pissed because their TVs are now "painfully slow?" I'm now worried that now I would not qualify for a free upgrade because of all the replacements that would need to happen...

My current account has 2 HWS, 3 Joey 1.0, and a wireless Joey. When I call to have a H3 installed (and prob a 4K Joey since both HWS will have to go), will the Joeys also be replaced with 2.0 or will the other three users be pissed because their TVs are now "painfully slow?" I'm now worried that now I would not qualify for a free upgrade because of all the replacements that would need to happen...
I'm wondering what they are going to do for existing subs who want to upgrade.
What we hear now and what they actually do, are 2 different things.
New Customers are going to be first priority.

As Scott has said, the "plan" is to replace existing Joey 1 units with Joey 2 units when a Hopper 3 is installed. Dish knows if it's a 1 or 2.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

Well they would be no more painfully slow then they are now ;)

I think this is the maximum for a Hopper 3 & wired Joeys:

dph_home_seventvs_1hopper_7joeys.jpg
I get a kick out of Dish requiring High frequency splitters when Moca frequencies are below 875 MHz (High freq splitters go up to 2000 MHz).

As that's uniquely between DISH and the subscriber that wants to upgrade, speculation is relatively useless.
Clearly my post was a Statement not a question.
That's why there is a Period and not a question mark.

And most of your speculation IS useless.

Reactions: JSheridan
Continue to doubt but I have first hand knowledge from the field and training materials. And below is my first post on this forum. I know what I'm talking about. It is my job.

I've been a retailer for 10 years now and I've seen Dish put out incorrect info numerous times. It's very common for the materials they send out to have mistakes and they modify them, sometimes more than once. I tend to trust Scott more because he is right more times than not. Scott usually gets his info from high up sources and is correct where the materials sent out to tech and retailers are put out by different departments.

I'm not saying you are wrong, I'm just not trusting the materials you have received. Just because it says it on paper does not make it true. Dish just may not want any techs to use Joey 1.0 receivers with the Hopper 3 so they say it's not compatible.

Sorry if this has been answered, but will there be a 4K wireless Joey available?
I asked a CSR and was told yes, but as is pointed out many times here they do not always have correct information.